Hi, I'm Gracie - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: Grace
Trailer: currently shopping
California
Hi, I'm Gracie

Hello Gang,
I'm Gracie I live on the central coast of California. I found your site by Googling Dorsett Fiberglass TrailerBoat.....linking an old post. I've learned that there is now a new company making Trailer boats out of Oregon. I was at a Vintage trailer rally this past weekend and saw 3 Vintage TrailORBoats! I just luv them!!! Anyway, some 2 years ago I found one, in a field with no one around and of course the boat was missing. And I thought the next time I'm even remotely close by I'll have to drive out of my way a good 2 hours to see if it's still there! And then what if I found the owner???? Would I make an offer to try a buy it??? Maybe...but then it is missing the boat...so How do you put a value on that? Hmmmmm, Dreaming in Cali. Gracie
8msbhvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 09:15 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Welcome to the FGRV forum, and best of luck finding what ever trailer fits your lifestyle and desires.
Happy Trails
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 03:42 AM   #3

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome to the forum Grace. If there's a plate on the TT you may be able to get an owners name.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #4
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Gracie!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
There is a facebook group for these campers. Before you jump in and click on the link read my statement below. https://www.facebook.com/groups/107346979296520/

Word of warning, you should use street smarts if you are serious about owning that trailer you spotted. You will be meeting professional restorers and re-sellers in your hunt for information. When you go to the facebook group not disclose the location of where you saw the trailer. Keep that information totally secret as you don't want someone coming in to scoop it out from under your nose before you decide what you want to do about it. Don't even talk about your find. Instead just ask generalized questions of interest in the vintage trailorboats such as is it hard to find the boats that fit them?, is it hard to find the trailers?, etc. Keep a poker face and do not show what is in your hand.

These are very rare trailers and not everyone you meet on the internet will put your interest above their own compulsion to have rare things and/or possibly wanting to make a profit from them. Professional people who are on the hunt for rare cars, art work, antiques, books, etc all practice being discrete and do not reveal their leads to a find and neither should you if you are serious about acquiring it.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 06:12 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
welcome gracie

welcome glad to meet you and have a ball here!!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Sprinter 'til I buy
Denver, CO
There is a German produced camper boat, if camper boat is what you mean. They have been discussed here several times, including about a week ago. Have fun.
Tom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote