Hi I'm Karen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 07:40 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Red face Hi I'm Karen

Hi everyone.

I bought a 1973 (?) Boler last fall and am in the midst of fixing it up. I've been cheeky and posted a couple questions already without ever introducing myself and appreciate the information I've got back already from members.

My ex and I had a couple larger trailers and did a lot of camping with our daughter but sold the last one in the split. I've missed it but I'm way too old for a tent, hence a trailer I can tow with my Subaru. Looking forward to lots of road trips in the future with my dog.

I will post pictures once I've got a bit more done. Right now I've got a family friend going over so that it's safe and I don't kill myself on the highway. And someone else getting the electrical sorted out. I've also given the interior a good scrubbing and painted it. Let me just say a fresh coat of paint is a wonder.

Hoping to make the Nanaimo meetup in June.
firiel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:48 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Hi Karen and welcome to the forum. Fellow Boler owner myself. Any pictures of your camper?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:05 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Karen!

Glad to hear you've found a way to keep camping. Looking forward to your pictures!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Welcome aboard Karen. you'll find that you have joined a very knowlagable group and no problem you may have hasen't already been solved by one of us.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:42 AM   #5

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Welcome Karen. This site is an incredible resource. Looking forward to meeting you in June. You are still welcome even if your trailer is not campable yet.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:15 PM   #6

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV, Karen, I did the same thing, posted before introducing myself, but nobody minded. Wishing you good fixing up and happy trails!

BEST
Kai
Old 02-20-2017, 07:10 PM   #7

Name: Karen
Trailer: 13' Boler
British Columbia
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will definitely post some pictures once I've got the interior back together after the painting.
firiel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:15 AM   #8

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by firiel77 View Post
Hi everyone.

I bought a 1973 (?) Boler last fall and am in the midst of fixing it up. I've been cheeky and posted a couple questions already without ever introducing myself and appreciate the information I've got back already from members.

My ex and I had a couple larger trailers and did a lot of camping with our daughter but sold the last one in the split. I've missed it but I'm way too old for a tent, hence a trailer I can tow with my Subaru. Looking forward to lots of road trips in the future with my dog.

I will post pictures once I've got a bit more done. Right now I've got a family friend going over so that it's safe and I don't kill myself on the highway. And someone else getting the electrical sorted out. I've also given the interior a good scrubbing and painted it. Let me just say a fresh coat of paint is a wonder.

Hoping to make the Nanaimo meetup in June.
:Karen don't be shocked at the Ferry rates, also make sure you get the amount you can tow with the Subaru, is good info to know, like tongue weight, and so on, what you can pack inside the trailer and what you can carry inside the car.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote