Hi! I'm Mary - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-28-2014, 01:19 PM   #29

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Wisconsin
Goodness gracious! 27 posts for Mary thinking about campers. We are going to scare her away like the lady who showed up to a singles dance and was the only girl there, lol.

Winter must be already getting long for us all as we are dreaming about the impending spring and getting out our rigs.

Old 12-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #30

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
I don't know about that fear.... If I was the only guy at a singles dance I would be the happiest guy on the planet! LOL...

Old 12-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #31

Name: Darral
Trailer: Scamp Standard 13' 2010
Tennessee
Think about it... what if she had posted and NOBODY responded? This IS a forum....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec View Post
Goodness gracious! 27 posts for Mary thinking about campers. We are going to scare her away like the lady who showed up to a singles dance and was the only girl there, lol.

Winter must be already getting long for us all as we are dreaming about the impending spring and getting out our rigs.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #32

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
What I find amusing...

The OP announces her intention to upgrade her TV, and a string of posts tries to convince her to keep it. If she had announced her intention to keep her current TV, a string of posts would have tried to convince her to upgrade it. All without the slightest indication from the OP what sort of trailer she is thinking about buying...

A string of posts urges her to decide about the trailer first, then the tug. Then a string of posts sings the praises of various tow vehicles. And still no indication of what the OP plans to tow...

Such is the nature of a forum during the slow winter season... Happy New Year, all, and may spring come quickly!
Old 12-29-2014, 11:00 AM   #33

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
You make an interesting observation, Jon. Where is the line between being helpful and being a busybody? We're a fine bunch! But at least we're enjoying it.
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #34
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
It's a great time of the year....... wishing Mary the best and hope she finds what she is looking for.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #35

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: Boler 1978 17' 4" Earlton Ont Model
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazrlady View Post
I'm a Novice in search of a suitable small fiberglass camper for local weekend trips and once comfortable....trips around FL and perhaps the SE. I want my first camper to be a get in and go so fully functional is what I'm looking for.

I am learning that my Toyota Matrix wagon will not be an acceptable towing vehicle. So, that puts me in the market for a good used vehicle for towing as well.

I look forward to viewing this site and hope to purchase my first camper and towing vehicle soon.

Any help and tips for what I should know to make good buying decisions will be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully submitted,
Mary
Well would suggest you find the camper then the TV as you may not need a change if you pick a 12' trailer or you could end up picking one that will not best meet your needs if you pick a V8 to pull a small trailer. Then you may pick one that has less capacity than required for the trailer you pick and would have to change again that would not be fun.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:20 PM   #36

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
You make an interesting observation, Jon. Where is the line between being helpful and being a busybody? We're a fine bunch! But at least we're enjoying it.
Exactly!

I reread the OP's single follow-up post #22. I think she is quite capable of making a good decision, with or without our interference.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #37

Name: Patrick
Trailer: R-Vision Trail Lite
New York
But we do know how to offer a vast variety of advise and suggestions....no shortage of both knowledge and opinions on this most friendly and helpful website!
Happy New Year to all !!