Hi I'm Naomi, on Vancouver Island BC - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Naomi
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Posts: 21
Hi I'm Naomi, on Vancouver Island BC

Hi Everyone!
I'm Naomi, on Vancouver Island BC. I'm an artist and I'm looking to buy a 13' foot Boler to restore with a theme, inside and OUT!

Hard to find these cuties in my area. So if you know of one for sale please let me know. There is one on Salt Spring, it's a 76 and they are asking $4800 obo. Does this price sound reasonable to you?

Look forward to hanging out here and swooning over all your cute trailers!
~Naomi
__________________

__________________
superartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:56 PM   #2
Member
 
Name: Deirdre
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
Posts: 40
I just bought a '76 Trillium 1300 that is in pretty good shape - I will be mostly making decor changes - for $4100 here in Ontario. The body is good, chassis solid and new 13" wheels. Good luck - I've only had mine since Friday and I'm over the moon!!
__________________

__________________
littlemisspippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,560
Registry
Naomi, a fair price depends almost entirely on condition, not age.

At that price I would expect all the parts to be present and in their proper places, and no major structural issues with the shell, frame, or floor. There will likely be cosmetic issues, inside and out. It may require some mechanical or electrical repair, but it shouldn't be too extensive at that price.

Here is a link to a very helpful resource from the document center: Fiberglass RV - Document Center - Buyers Check List

Welcome, and good luck with your search!
__________________
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Naomi, there are actually a fair number of Bolers as well as Trilliam's (as well as other brands of fiberglass) that come up for sale on the Island on a regular bases and the good news for you is historically the prices are lower than if the trailer was for sale on the mainland. With all the great weather we have had this year many folks are already using their trailers so you may be a little late in getting a "real Deal" you may have seen in December/January.

A good place to do your homework on pricing is the website Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com There is a US and Canadian section as well as a previously sold section.

There is another boler for sale on the island at Campbell River :

1975 Boler in Campbell River - $6500

If something a little bigger is of interests there are lots of big Bigfoots for sale on the Island right now but there is one 92 17' for sale in Victoria as well.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Naomi, a fair price depends almost entirely on condition, not age.

Jon unfortunately the price does not depend entirely on conditions although your correct it does play a big part in it. Its location is also a really BIG factor - particularly in BC where the OP is from. Small fiberglass trailers are in high demand so the prices reflect it. The price of the trailer she is looking at is actually getting into the lower range of prices - they regularly sell for far more than that quickly here in BC - those in really good condition going for as much as $9000.

A few other listings for a few other Bolers currently for sale in BC as examples:

1973 Boler Travel Trailer - $6,500 - Kelowna, BC, Canada

1963 13' Boler - Williams Lake BC - $7500

1975 Boler - North Vancouver - $9750

1971 Boler - Ashcroft BC - $7800

There is one boler going for less than what the OP is looking at but its in needs fiberglass and window work and lots of stuff - no fridge or cushions etc :

1974 13' Project Boler - Nelson BC - $3500 -
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
papa-t's Avatar
 
Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Posts: 969
Welcome Naomi
__________________
“I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
papa-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:33 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Name: Naomi
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemisspippy View Post
I just bought a '76 Trillium 1300 that is in pretty good shape - I will be mostly making decor changes - for $4100 here in Ontario. The body is good, chassis solid and new 13" wheels. Good luck - I've only had mine since Friday and I'm over the moon!!

How exciting for you!
I can't wait to see what you do with it
__________________
superartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Name: Naomi
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post

A good place to do your homework on pricing is the website Fiberglass-rv-4sale.com There is a US and Canadian section as well as a previously sold section.

There is another boler for sale on the island at Campbell River :

1975 Boler in Campbell River - $6500

If something a little bigger is of interests there are lots of big Bigfoots for sale on the Island right now but there is one 92 17' for sale in Victoria as well.
Thanks for all the great info Carol!
I will check out the other site.

I saw the one in Campbell River but it's out of my price range and it looks like they've put work into it already. I want one a little more rough around the edges

I need to stick to the 13' because I will be towing it with a Nissan Juke which has a 2000 pound tow limit.
__________________
superartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Name: Naomi
Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 Foot
British Columbia
Posts: 21
Welcome from another Naomi who owns a Boler! When you find the perfect Boler you will be very happy! Good luck in your search.

Here's a Fiberglass Egg Meeting coming up in May, you might want to think about coming over to Fort Langley to check out all the rigs and get reno ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BC-Gl...29154263830423
__________________
Boler Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Name: Naomi
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boler Babe View Post
Welcome from another Naomi who owns a Boler! When you find the perfect Boler you will be very happy! Good luck in your search.

Here's a Fiberglass Egg Meeting coming up in May, you might want to think about coming over to Fort Langley to check out all the rigs and get reno ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/BC-Gl...29154263830423
Nice to meet another Boler loving Naomi!

Unfortunately I can't make that meet up as I'm having an open studio tour weekend during that time but I did join the Facebook page to keep up with everything that goes on there.

Excited to be part of this online forum, I'm learning so much and feel a lot better informed already and it's only been a couple days here!
__________________
superartgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 12:42 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by superartgirl View Post
Thanks for all the great info Carol!
I will check out the other site.

I saw the one in Campbell River but it's out of my price range and it looks like they've put work into it already. I want one a little more rough around the edges

I need to stick to the 13' because I will be towing it with a Nissan Juke which has a 2000 pound tow limit.

As been said you will just need to be patient & you will find one... may not be in time for this camping season though. As we are already into camping season here, we are also approaching peak season pricing now as well.
__________________

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WANTED: Boler/Scamp/Trillium - Vancouver Island Hans N. Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 6 05-11-2011 07:31 PM
Vancouver Island to Grand Coulee Dam Booker B. Camping, Campout Reports 11 08-21-2009 11:18 AM
1973 Trillium - $7500 - Vancouver Island Booker B. Classified Archives 3 03-31-2009 01:44 PM
Vancouver Island camping Glenn Baglo Camping, Campout Reports 16 03-24-2009 12:13 AM
13' Trillium Trailer wanted - Vancouver Island preferred but will Booker B. Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 2 12-19-2008 10:42 AM

» Trailer Showcase

Boler 13'

Azurko

Scamp

chefjj
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.