Hi, I'm "new" - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-24-2017, 11:34 AM   #1

Name: Kerri
Trailer: Venture Industries
Oregon
Hi, I'm "new"

Well, I am new, but have already been reading and even posted a couple times. I am in western Oregon, moving from the blissful coast to the Valley inferno for a while to help care for my mom. I am going to be living in a 25' TT ('98 Komfort)...that is another whole story...in my sister's rural driveway.
Yesterday my starter FG trailer arrived. Delivered by the nice biker dude who bought it 6 mo ago and decided it was too small for his 6'4" 350? lb frame...I traded him straight across for a canvas pop-up motorcycle trailer I bought years ago, and he had borrowed in the past.
I do not know what this trailer is, possibly a Boler, although it doesn't say that. It says Venture Industries, Canada, and on an owner-applied plate in front "ROBS BO BO TRAILER"....I will attempt to ad photos.
It is a BASKET CASE, and looks like very little original stuff. Sigh. When I first read this message board I kept wondering why all the people were taking their trailers to "reno" ...I now understand...I have not looked underneath yet. It just looked so sad I had to rescue it. ...photos to follow, but like they say, those who have weak stomachs may want to avert their eyes...

Old 08-24-2017, 11:45 AM   #2

Oregon
photos, I hope

oops...oh, I think it worked
Attached Thumbnails
141.jpg   138.jpg  

142.jpg   155.jpg  

Old 08-24-2017, 12:12 PM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
We've seen far, far worse! Except for the side slider windows, it sure looks like a Ventura, at least that's how it's listed among our legacy manufacturers. Not sure about "Venture" vs. "Ventura." Definitely no direct connection to Boler beyond size and Canadian origin. Unlike Boler, I believe the interior is built out conventionally in wood. That, combined with the flat walls and square corners, should make renovations somewhat easier.

Best wishes with your project!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 PM   #4

Oregon
thanks!

When I actually get into it I will have a millions more questions (and put them on other thread), but I will just throw out one now...outside the (NOT original) door there is a metal plate/vent that says Coleman, but it has a solid back..perhaps the furnace used to be behind there...but the question is:in most of the FG trailers I have seen pics of there is a structural cabinet just to the left of door entry. This only has a short cabinet. Does this trailer not need the structure for roof, or did some uniformed person remove it when they took out furnace?
Old 08-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #5

Oregon
Ventura

Ok, So I looked at a lot of the Ventura info on the site. It sure looks like one of them. My confusion is the plate that says it was made in 1981, when the Venture Industries info says they were in production from 1972-77
Old 08-24-2017, 12:39 PM   #6

Oregon
ummm

...sorry for going on & on, but I just noticed the ID number and the 1981 plate are both put on with the same pop rivets as the ROBS BO BO TRAILER (sic) plate....maybe it was originally built in 70's and "Rob" rebuilt it, and covered over the original numbers and date... I am going to try and contact the person that the person I got it from got it from...thanks for any input !
Old 08-24-2017, 12:43 PM   #7

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
It's possible someone else acquired the molds after Ventura ceased production and produced a knock-off. There was a lot of that going around in those days. We have some pretty knowledgeable historians on the site. I hope one of them will jump in soon. I'm curious now, too!

No idea about the closet, but I think your guess very likely. Whatever you do with the interior, some strategically located floor-to-ceiling support is a good idea.
Old 08-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #8

Oregon
Thank you. I am looking forward to finding out what it really is. And, they have taken out all upper cabinets, so I'll need to figure the support issue out...hope roof isn't too damaged. ....later
Old 08-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #9

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Straight out trade of a motocycle popup for an egg? Dang you've got a talent for barter.. or people!!! Probably the later. This looks like a great start to an in-too-deep renovation. ☺️. Good fun.
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #10

Oregon
Ha! It is a pretty sad little trailer right now.
Old 08-24-2017, 08:45 PM   #11

Name: Eric
Trailer: 1987 Casita 16
Illinois
TLC

Just needs a little TLC -- have pics of the interior?
Old 08-25-2017, 09:25 AM   #12

Oregon
Yes. It is a disaster
Attached Thumbnails
148.jpg   153.jpg  

149.jpg   145.jpg  

Old 08-25-2017, 10:23 AM   #13

Name: Kevin
Trailer: 28' Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Oak Park, IL
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Not sure what you are seeing that makes it a disaster. It may take some cleaning, but everything looks in good shape from the pix. I'm guessing that "disaster" is a relative term! Anyway, welcome to the fiberglass world!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:45 AM   #14

Oregon
Thank you Kevin. I guess I see what looks like damage to trailer...not too concerned with decor or dirt....like the removal of the structural cabinet by the door that perhaps used to house the furnace; same with upper cupboards above sink that are missing, or, as suggested, perhaps someone built it themself and didn't put those cabinets in originally.
I am thrilled to have all the archival, and new, information here to guide me as I go!