Hi I'm New and looking into a Scamp 13 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Be sure you go to a rally! These are extremely friendly events that include open house times where you can go in the trailers and see what has been done, ask any questions, etc. You'll even make new friends.

We have been to a couple of Casita events and are going to another one in Quincy, CA this month. Many different trailer brands will be there as you don't have to have a Casita to attend.

You'll begin to see which bed is best for you, if the headroom is sufficient, fridge or ice box, bathroom or porta-potty, solar or not, what tow vehicles works for each unit, etc.

Since you are considering a new trailer, maybe get the ball rolling with a deposit and then after attending a rally or two, decide on the final build.

I decided I was very interested in getting an Oliver, but the cost was prohibitive and I wasn't in a hurry. So I looked around and found one that was almost exactly what I would have ordered and at a much lower price. It was available immediately, so I snapped it up. Very happy! It turned out to be so fast that I had not sold my other trailer yet and had to scramble around to keep up with the deal. Then some of the things I would not have ordered for myself, turned out to be better than what I would have ordered. Again, very happy.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:36 AM   #22

Name: Ray
Trailer: 2017 Scamp 16 Deluxe
Missouri
Joe,

Just FYI -

When shopping for used Scamp13s you should be aware that, after 2006, the interior height went up by several inches.

In early 2006, Scamp had a fire at the factory that burned up their 13' mold. When they created the new mold, the interior height of the Scamp13 became the same as a Scamp16.

IIRC, the bigger bed became an option in the Scamp13 Standard trailer around 2013. Most/all of the Scamp13 Deluxe trailers will likely have the larger bed.

Good luck!

Ray
rdickens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp