Hi, I'm new... :D - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #1

Name: Janne
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
Hi, I'm new... :D

I've been camping since I was about five years old -- tent camping when we were all kids, popup tent trailer later. When I retired a few years ago I bought an old Class A MH and toured the country for several months. Lost her in a fire a couple years back (RIP, Priscilla), and am now ready to get back into camping regularly. My grandgirls are old enough and clamoring to go!

I have a Honda CR-V and after doing a lot of research discovered molder fiberglass trailers. Along with being lightweight enough for my vehicle and compact and easy to camp in, they're so cute!

I'm looking for a 13 footer -- not particular about brand, they seem to be very similar. I've been wading through all the info on this site (fantastic!) and recall mention of a list of questions to ask/things to check when buying a used trailer. I can't locate the list any more. Anybody steer me toward it?

Any tips and pointers for shopping are welcome. Checking ads....
Janne Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 05:29 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Look in the Document Center on the left side of the page and then Buyers check list.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janne Potter View Post
I've been camping since I was about five years old -- tent camping when we were all kids, popup tent trailer later. When I retired a few years ago I bought an old Class A MH and toured the country for several months. Lost her in a fire a couple years back (RIP, Priscilla), and am now ready to get back into camping regularly. My grandgirls are old enough and clamoring to go!

I have a Honda CR-V and after doing a lot of research discovered molder fiberglass trailers. Along with being lightweight enough for my vehicle and compact and easy to camp in, they're so cute!

I'm looking for a 13 footer -- not particular about brand, they seem to be very similar. I've been wading through all the info on this site (fantastic!) and recall mention of a list of questions to ask/things to check when buying a used trailer. I can't locate the list any more. Anybody steer me toward it?

Any tips and pointers for shopping are welcome. Checking ads....
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote