Hi....I'm new. Lynn M - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-31-2016, 10:56 PM   #15

Name: Lynn
Trailer: still shopping/Little Guy
Nevada
I had a Kittywalk a couple of years ago. They liked it. But over time it got saggy.
I have a pet stroller and they loved it. So I will take it with. One of my cats recently died, suddenly, and she was the great traveler. The one I have left hates the car, and throws herself on the pavement when we use a leash. So it will be a challenge. The Clam screen tent has been recommended to me, so somehow I could get her set up in there.

Old 07-31-2016, 11:05 PM   #16

Name: Lynn
Trailer: still shopping/Little Guy
Nevada
Mike Magee,
Thanks so much for taking the time to show me these. I've only been on this site ONE day and everyone insists I need a scamp-type vs Little guy. I am having my first hand surgery reconstruction on Sept 15. If I cancel the second surgery, I might be able to put the money on a Scamp.
The first one on your list looks nice. But I just moved from there last year, and not sure I want to drive back on a "maybe." Now the second one is in Carson City, only a half hour away! But that exterior damage/issues concern me.
The third one in Sonoma looks possible and I could drive there this week. According to NADA, the weight might work. Subaru can only do a 100 # hitch weight, so that why Scamps are better suited.
But thanks for the info, so I can keep an eye on Fiberglass4sale site.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #17

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
TurboKOOL evaporation cooler--sounds good--and pricey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avey View Post
Living in Nevada you may want to look at a Turbo Cool water cooler, they use 12 volt and are solar powered. You also may find a used one from a dog catcher truck or tractor. No need to plug in to regular power.

Not only is the TurboKOOL over $600 by itself, it needs a supply of water under pressure, and it's a big Q whether Lynn's Little Guy would have that available. They'll sell you a system for about $125, though, to add to the over $600. Didn't check on delivery costs; we're over $750 already , so maybe a Fan-Tastic Vent fan would be less pricey.

You can always set up a small clip-on fan to blow over a pan of cold water or ice. That's what we set up in our house on the hottest days, it works fairly well and is quite cheap.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:14 PM   #18

Name: Jennifer
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 13'
Colorado
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn M View Post
Mike Magee,
Thanks so much for taking the time to show me these. I've only been on this site ONE day and everyone insists I need a scamp-type vs Little guy. I am having my first hand surgery reconstruction on Sept 15. If I cancel the second surgery, I might be able to put the money on a Scamp.
The first one on your list looks nice. But I just moved from there last year, and not sure I want to drive back on a "maybe." Now the second one is in Carson City, only a half hour away! But that exterior damage/issues concern me.
The third one in Sonoma looks possible and I could drive there this week. According to NADA, the weight might work. Subaru can only do a 100 # hitch weight, so that why Scamps are better suited.
But thanks for the info, so I can keep an eye on Fiberglass4sale site.
I for one am not surprised everyone on a fiberglass rv forum is suggesting a scamp.

You might check out the teardrop and tiny travel trailer forum for some btdt people full timing in teardrops. I think it's tnttt.com