Hi, I'm Stephan from Richmond Hill, Ontario - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-06-2016, 09:20 PM   #1

Name: Stephan
Trailer: Currently shopping
Ontario
Hi, I'm Stephan from Richmond Hill, Ontario

Hi, I'm Stephan from Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada.
My family and I tent camped so far.
We thought, it is time to "get up from the ground".
After doing a detailed research in travel trailers, we came to the conclusion that the simplest is the best: we'll give try to a small fiberglass trailer. After seeing a nice Trillium, I did more research and found this forum. I was pleasantly surprised with the helpful attitude and friendly atmosphere you have here.
I don't have yet at trailer.
I'm in the process of familiarizing myself with the different models and trying to decide which one would work for our camping needs. Basically between the Boler and the Trillium I think I'm inclined to go with the Boler. I intend to tow it with a 2010 Mercedes Sprinter 2500 van.
Stephan K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Stephan!

Trillium and Boler are similar in concept, but different in execution in many ways. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Curious what leads you to favor the Boler…?

In the end, you'll go with what turns up in the right condition, in the right place, and at the right price. We also upgraded from tenting several years ago. Thought a small tent trailer was right for us, but the Scamp turned up first, and I'm so glad it did!

Best wishes in your "egg hunt"!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Welcome Stephan ! Several years ago we moved from backpacking to the "egg" and have really enjoyed this group. About five years ago we purchased a 5500 Trillium in London, Ontario but eventually moved to a Bigfoot gaucho 17 also purchased in Canada. bottom line since this whole egg thing kinda started in Canada you are right in a hot spot to find good used trailers. Wishing you luck in the hunt and the fabulous fun you will have when you find the right one. Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:02 PM   #4

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Welcome, Stephan!

Trillium and Boler are similar in concept, but different in execution in many ways. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. Curious what leads you to favor the Boler…?

In the end, you'll go with what turns up in the right condition, in the right place, and at the right price. We also upgraded from tenting several years ago. Thought a small tent trailer was right for us, but the Scamp turned up first, and I'm so glad it did!

Best wishes in your "egg hunt"!
Hi Jon.
Thanks for welcoming me.
I friend is mine knows a guy at about 3 hours north is us who is specialized in fixing up Boler's. As per my friend he is honest and reliable, so I think I'll by my first "egg" from him. This is the main reason I'm thinking to go with Boler, at list to get in fiberglass campers.
But I'm still opened to other models as well.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #5

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Welcome Stephan ! Several years ago we moved from backpacking to the "egg" and have really enjoyed this group. About five years ago we purchased a 5500 Trillium in London, Ontario but eventually moved to a Bigfoot gaucho 17 also purchased in Canada. bottom line since this whole egg thing kinda started in Canada you are right in a hot spot to find good used trailers. Wishing you luck in the hunt and the fabulous fun you will have when you find the right one. Lee and Norma
Thanks, Lee and Norma.
I hope I'll find something until the camping season starts.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:43 AM   #6

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Don't get me wrong, Bolers are fine trailers, I just like Trilliums. I hope the best for you in your search.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:06 AM   #7

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Don't get me wrong, Bolers are fine trailers, I just like Trilliums. I hope the best for you in your search.
Honestly I'm not in the position yet to have a grounded opinion about one against the other. I just feel that I'm more inclined towards the Boler. Probably because, as I mentioned earlier I found this nice gentleman who fixes up Bolers. I would really want to buy an untouched unit and restore myself but at this point I don't have the time for it. At this point is more rational to pay somebody to do the restoring, rather than take that time from my family.
But I have a few friends who own Trilliums and they are pretty happy with their trailers.
Also I read a lot about the history of the Boler. I didn't find that much about the Trilliums. It's just the human nature, that when you get more acquainted with something you start to like it more and more
Old 04-07-2016, 10:26 AM   #8

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler 17 ft
Ontario
Hi Stephan,

I'm in Alliston, Ontario, just NW of you. I have a 1980 17ft Boler and I love it! If you would like to come by and check it out for your own info I'm more than happy to host you.

I can show you what to look for when buying your FGRV. Everything I learned by trial and error.

As soon as this weather breaks I will be outside doing the spring cleaning of my Boler.

My email address is grammakakes@msn.com

I've had both a 15 ft Trillium and this 17 ft Boler.

Linda
Linda Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 04:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft
Hi Stephan

I'm in London, Ontario, and I have a 1975 Trillium 1300. As soon as we have some Spring weather I'll be picking it up from storage to get it ready for sale. Let me know if you would like some pictures and info: chute-family@rogers.com

Russell
Russell C is offline   Reply With Quote