Hi, my name is Lyle - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #1

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Hi, my name is Lyle

I thought that it is time that I should introduce myself to all of you out in the wonderful world of FGTT's, my name is Lyle and I'm from NE Alberta. I've been watching this forum for the best part of a year now with great interest. I am not new to the camping world at all but I had for a long time been wanting a small TT and a little over a year ago had found a 73 Trillium 1300. It had been on hiatus for 15 years resting in the bush when I had found this little treasure. I tell you he was in a pretty sad condition. Covered in moss and suffered from quite a bit of water damage and mold inside. I cleaned up the trailer and then restored the windows, curtains, seats,table and cupboard doors, new roof vent, stove, flooring, 12v refer,wiring,water lines,led lighting, 14" wheels, jacks, new paint inside, designed a new wrap around shelf over the dinette with new lights installed, then in the end I made it shine on the outside. A new sound system is on its way in the near future. It was a terrific project, I had a lot of fun with it. It traveled great last summer on its maiden voyage with me. everybody loves it and they want to use it also. It's now known as the rolling WALDORF.
There is such a wealth of information due to the wisdom and knowledge from experience that I have seen here on this website and I look forward to perhaps being of some help to someone, somewhere in a small way as it may be. I doft my hat to all of you out there in the camping world who wants to better everyone's camping experience.
Lyle
Buckskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Lyle!

What a great rescue story! Sounds like you bring your own wealth of knowledge and experience to this community. Can’t wait to see pictures!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #3

Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Hello Lyle, I'm also a Lyle. Welcome to participating. How, on earth, did you get all that accomplished without asking any questions? You must be a very handy person in your own right.

Pictures are pretty much demanded here, just saying. :-)

Enjoy your "new" trailer.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
restoration

Lyle Welcome and congratulations on your work to "save" your Trillium. I'm amazed that after wading through all you must have gone through in fixing up the Trillium , including dealing with mold , you can still say it was fun ! Lee and Norma
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #5
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Welcome Lyle! Would love to see pictures of your little Gem!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:55 PM   #6

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
+10 There is always someone else lurking in the background that would benefit from your inspiration and learnings along the way!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:41 PM   #7

Trailer: Trillium 1300
Alberta
Thanks folks for all your comments. I do have some pictures but I'm having a little trouble locating them on this machine of mine. Also I'm not too sure how to post a picture at the moment. I also understand that there is going to be a FGTT rally in southern Manitoba this Aug. I would really like to be there if possible, perhaps I might meet some of you there. who knows.
Lyle
Buckskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:54 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Posting photos.

These illustrated instructions are at the Escape Forum, but same process as here:

Posting Photos - Escape Trailer Owners Community