Hi, new here! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #15

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
It's one thing if your trailer is late, quite another when it's been a year and they haven't even started. To me that isn't a lack of business acumen, but borders more on fraud. Hopefully you will eventually receive your refund and can put this farce behind you. Like others I'd suggest taking a drive over to ETI in Chilliwack. They'll be happy to build you a 17, they'll answer your emails and phone calls, and they'll deliver exactly on time with no surprises.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:29 PM   #16

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: In the market
British Columbia
That's why I went to the RCMP, 2 complaints in with them so far. If more people come forward hopefully the RCMP can do something about it.

I now have filed a complaint in with the BBB but I see that the other complaints with Trillium Outback Trailers went unresolved and other customers did not get their refunds or the product.

Old 11-12-2017, 01:37 PM   #17

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
I'd like to see a moderator change this thread title to reflect the content of the thread. Maybe leave the words "scam" and "fraud" out of it, but perhaps change it to Outback Trilliium Serious Complaints.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #18

Name: Tom
Trailer: Shopping
CO
If you end up going to court, (likely small claims?) make a concise narrative that a judge without a background in fiberglass trailers can understand in 5 minutes or less. Then stuff the Appendix full of supporting documentation and refer to some of it in your narrative. You want cancelled checks, letters, receipts, correspondence, and emails. Keep the narrative simple. Maybe a one paragraph executive summary, with a couple pages detailing it. Produce 3 copies. One for you, another for the judge, and a third for the manufacturer/defendant.

You might want to entertain the idea of allowing him to produce the trailer, if you can protect yourself in the process. That might get both of you what you want. If he is driven out of business, likely everyone loses. If he can produce an acceptable trailer, he saves face, and you got what you wanted. So for example, maybe the judge could drop the judgement if you get a trailer within specified time.

Good luck
Old 11-12-2017, 02:55 PM   #19

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Carolyn,
We have friends that got a trailer from Joe, not sure of all the details, but it took 2 years, persistence and visits. This spring they picked it up and did the final finishes themselves.

Keep us posted on how this turns out, and in the meantime keep looking. New maybe what you wanted, but you might find a good used model. Between here and the fiberglass Facebook pages, someone is always advertising one for sale.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #20

Name: Lawrie
Trailer: Escape 13'
B.C.
Hi Carolyn
I agree with Alfred. Visit Escape Trailer Industries here in Chilliwack. If not in person, at least by e-mail, phone etc. Tammy and Reece are wonderful folks. True, they don't build 13 or 15 ft trailers anymore but they just might know if there happens to be a used one around for sale. If there is, you would have to jump on it because they don't last. We have a 2010 13' and absolutely love it (sorry, not for sale) and have always had impeccable service from everyone at ETI. Might be worth a phone call or, if you are close enough, an actual visit.
Good luck.
Carol & Lawrie Edwards
Old 11-13-2017, 11:21 AM   #21

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
Being scammed sucks, doesn't it? We so hear you.

Deciding exactly what to do and how to move forward without getting stuck is so important, as you are doing now.

Our best wishes for you.

Kai & Paul
Old 11-13-2017, 11:39 AM   #22

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
I guess the road to problems like another well known road is paved with good intentions. Sounds like the owner has no nefarious intentions but is caught in the small business trap of more growth than workforce can handle.

Any help hired has to be exceptional because so few employees make each one critical, and without help can't meet expectations. And business executive talent can be expensive and while essential eats payroll without putting product out the door in the short term.

I also notice a lot of folks just don't like to tell people bad news or deal with the response. Often it is because they are nice folks, sometimes because avoiding obligations is a part of their business model. I don't have anyway to know which it is with this fellow, he may just not want to deliver the bad news that it will be a long time before I can get to that trailer but I already sank the money into most of the materials so I don't have it to send back.

You may want to look here they tend to have a lot of campers listed (over time) and separate listing for Canada which this link is for, however you might also want to check US listings if you are close enough for a cross border purchase to be practical.

https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...lass-rv-ads-ca
Old 11-13-2017, 12:21 PM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
in business

I was a small business man the temptation was so great to take on more than I could handle both pyscically and finachially. I would get inquires all the time we are putting up something new and big are you interested? Of course they went to no doubt 25 vendors asking for the same thing!

I would look at what they had in mind a design full of expensive things from s/s work tables, counters high dollar cooking gear and all I saw was tying a bunch of my and the banks money I just had to pass.

I could demand a deposit but these jobs were always over budget then who was on the hook? you guessed it me it the little guy who could be bullied around!

I even had state and university outfits figure out ways to beat me out of my money. yes, I could sue but after paying the attorney there wasn't anything left. In the big jobs there just isn't all that money on the bone to lose money on!

I hope these people aren't putting up huge deposits! these stories always make me nervous!! I hope the builder is really honest and not fooling around.

bob
Old 11-17-2017, 09:42 PM   #24

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: In the market
British Columbia
Well, unfortunately after I sent in my deposit I did not even get paperwork for a trailer, he just avoided all my phone calls and emails, then I had to drive out to Alberta to actually see what was happening - in which case nothing was.

I also got a private message from someone who put their Outback trailer on consignment with Joe, it sold and he didn't get his money for it and it's been over 8 months. He wants to share legal expenses and sue together...not sure if we can do that.

I think he's just grabbing as much cash as he can from whoever he can get it from. It's just best to avoid this business altogether. I see more complaints on google and the BBB, so not worth doing business with this company sounds like a lot of customers are losing money.

I got an email from armadillo trailers, wow there trailers are pretty amazing! Love the pull out storage drawer that comes out from under the bumper!

Nice to see the quality and thought that goes into the Armadillo trailer builds!
Old 11-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #25

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2015 F150 Lariat Ecoboost Crew Cab
Texas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn B. View Post
I also got a private message from someone who put their Outback trailer on consignment with Joe, it sold and he didn't get his money for it and it's been over 8 months. He wants to share legal expenses and sue together...not sure if we can do that.
I know nothing of Canadian Civil Law, and only a little of US Civil Law. But I can tell you that the US Federal Rules of Civil Procedure allows two parties to sue the same defendant "when the claims arise out of the same events and they involve the same legal questions". Perhaps Canada has a similar provision.

Anyway, good luck in getting your money back.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #26

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
bad bad

I have to wonder who these people sleep at night?

bob