Hi Ted here From Thunder Bay Ont - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #21

Name: Ted
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann B View Post
Norm will will not bite -but gobble these are THE best by far !!! I'm lucky I don't live in Thunder Bay the Boler would be too small!!!
check the link & follow the map !!!

OH Ted tell me I'm not wrong bout the Persian's!!!!
No Ann, you are not wrong! They are to die for! I was visiting a friend the other day and she had a couple of day old persians and decided to fry them up in a pan with butter! My Doctor ha had a conniption because my cholesterol levels skyrocketed ( have to double dose the Lipitor I guess)
TedN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #22

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann B View Post
Hey Ted welcome !!!
Mmmmmm Thunder Bay----The Persian Man - Thunder Bay, ON
And oh, BTW Ann, I use to live in Sturgeon Bay and worked at Kindred Industries in Midland OMG way back in the day.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #23

Trailer: 1978 Boler 13 ft
small world
Ann B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #24

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedN View Post
Thanks Borden.

You tow yours with a Toyota? Wow - I was concerned a bit as I have 1998 Chrysler Cirrus ( 4 cylinder auto) and I was thinking it may be pretty border-line for towing capacity. I am currently removing equipment I doubt I will be using - the fridge was wrecked and not repairable - the stove burners were beyond repair and the furnace was a rusted hunk of metal. I will not be replacing those items as my thrust is to keep the unit as light as possible.

I am encouraged that your able to tow yours -

Thanks
Personally feel a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.4L 4 Cylinder, should have lots of power to pull a 1300 boler. Add a transaxle cooler for long trips, and trailer brakes though not required for a 1300 would be a good idea as for any load over 500 lbs. I am not an expert but HP will not be a problem (P.S. we have the newer larger Corolla)
Bolers are so light that it is more about the air we push while towing I have been told by more than one RV place
Old 08-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #25

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We do a max of 55 mph or about 85 kph in general 'no hurry'
Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #26

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick & Joanne View Post
Hi Ted. Good to see you here.
Mostly true Horseshoe Bay story: We were leaving Chilliwack and I was looking for a campground north of Vancouver. Found Powell River and w/o paying much attention, punched it into the GPS and took off. My wife and I were talking and watching the new rig in the mirror and generally enjoying each others company when we pulled up to a tollbooth. The nice lady asked where we where going and I told her. She then asked for our total length. i told her 34 feet and said "$156 please" At that point I realized we were about to go for a boat ride.

Dick
I live just a few miles from Horseshoe Bay and use the ferries a lot to visit with my family on the island. Over the years I cant tell you how many times people have asked for clarification as to where the ferrry they are on is actually going - even though the signage is pretty clear when you purchase the ticket and they do say over a load speaker prior to loading where the ferry is going ! On more than one occasion they have found out they are heading to Vancouver Island rather to Bowen Island or Powell River.......
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Rememberances

We drove through Thunder Bay when it was Fort William / Port Arthur in 1963 on our honeymoon.

We have lots of fond memories of that area, especially of Grand Portage where a meeting of Native Americans was interrupted by a newlywed looking for the rest room.

I well remember those black mosquitoes that like to drain your body of blood.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #28

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
let me know when you get to uphostery. I do a bit on the side. I'm in Wpg but I travel with business to T-Bay for a week every month. you open for a beer and some trailer talk?
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:26 AM   #29

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Personally feel a 1998 Chrysler Cirrus with a 2.4L 4 Cylinder, should have lots of power to pull a 1300 boler. Add a transaxle cooler for long trips, and trailer brakes though not required for a 1300 would be a good idea as for any load over 500 lbs. I am not an expert but HP will not be a problem (P.S. we have the newer larger Corolla)
Bolers are so light that it is more about the air we push while towing I have been told by more than one RV place
Thanks Borden!
That makes me feel a whole lot more comfortable - I just ordered a new axle from Paul Neumeister and included ( at his suggestion) a trailer brake assembly.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:30 AM   #30

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
let me know when you get to uphostery. I do a bit on the side. I'm in Wpg but I travel with business to T-Bay for a week every month. you open for a beer and some trailer talk?
Certainly am Scott - I am quite away from the upholstery aspect yet - Just got the frame pulled out tonight

I've opted to go at my project as a "refurbishing" as opposed to a "restoration"

The layout is going to change as it will be used by myself. Have numerous ideas and would love to connect with someone who has upholstery skill.

Let me know when your in town.