Hi! *waves* - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #61

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
When I went to tag our trailer in Oklahoma, I was given the option to
just tag it like a utility trailer (no sales tax), or if I wanted a title then
I would have to pay the excise tax ($700) to get a title. I opted for the
title which may have been foolish on my part, but knew it would be important
if I ever decided to sell or trade it in. To title, or not to title.....that was the question.

Looking at boats around here I found out quick that the title could be a messy issue.

Would you have saved the tax money?
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #62

Name: Cindy of Greg/Cindy
Trailer: 17' Lil Snoozy
Outer Banks
Hey Kd *waves back*,
I'm another North Carolinian and probably have fewer posts than you.
We had a Casita (rat fur did in my allergies). We've sold it to my brother and are eagerly awaiting picking up our new/used camper.
I'm on the coast of NC
islandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #63

Name: Kd
Trailer: Scamp
SouthEast
Registry
Yay just got her in the driveway

The door is still wonky and has been rigged. The seller said they had it fixed but it flung open when we pulled into my neighborhood. I'm just going to nip that and go ahead and order new hardware and sealing stuff from Scamp. The last thing I want is water damage. I was going to dilly dally on the inside for a bit but a spider was on the door curtain...I don't do spidys. So I took Guy's lead and put a fogger in there!!! And now I wait.

The sellers dad towed it to the house for me. Many thanks to him because I could not find anyone to put a hitch on my xterra in three days. Short of taking it to Nissan and they wanted a mint. I was going to get a tow company for $95 for 20 miles. But the sellers dad said he'd do it for $20...I gave him $45 for being so kind...and he said he was going to take his lovely wife out to dinner. Win win

Now I'm just waiting for the other half to get home to roll her to the back yard.

Just having her in my driveway makes me happy happy happy!!
Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #64

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Congratulations. You'll have a lot of fun with her. Just a little free advice. Don't worry about getting it too perfect. Just get it street worthy and safe. Do all the necessary safety jobs to get it on the road and comfortable. Then go camping while the weather is nice. You can work on doing all those other things to make it your own, but do it when the weather gets too bad for camping.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #65

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Congrats. Someone else had just posted the other day, that their door kept opening going down the road. He repaired it by just removing the door handle and rotating it the outside handle 180 degrees. This method appears to help the weak internal spring by counter weighting the inside door handle. Cheep and worth a try.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #66

SouthEast
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Congrats. Someone else had just posted the other day, that their door kept opening going down the road. He repaired it by just removing the door handle and rotating it the outside handle 180 degrees. This method appears to help the weak internal spring by counter weighting the inside door handle. Cheep and worth a try.
Dave & Paula
I will definitely try that because the hinges are 'tight'. If I hold my mouth right it will latch. It's like even with them rigging the hinges tight it doesn't hit the strike plate...it's hitting low. But they have 2 long bolts through the hinges to try to pull it up. The bolts are 2 different lengths with different amount of washers on each hinge to make it work...*ahem* eyesore. And of course it worked until we pulled into my neighborhood. Lol Thanks for the tip/suggestion I'll look at it close in the morn. I'm so excited to get started!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #67

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Scamp hinges have springs and brass balls to ride on, with the long bolts through them. Scamp sells a rebuild kit that contains all these relatively cheep.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #68

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Yea I put a new set on mine just because I was ordering other things and mine were all rusty. Gotta look purty right. LOL
P.S. I don't do spiders either.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #69

SouthEast
Registry
Well the dogs are already doing laps around the Scamp in the backyard. They love to help by sitting on the bunk and stealing the fan lol. So last Friday morn they were barking at something underneath it. Finally I went out there and looked...thinking/hoping it would be one of my cats. Nope an opossum playing possum...sheesh now we're all squealing!!!! So today while I clean etc I'm going to be all paranoid. Scooped him with a shovel very dramatically flailing/dancing and put him on the other side of the privacy fence. Fingers crossed no surprises today