How do I narrow down a search? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
How do I narrow down a search?

Hi, This is the first time I have tried to search for a topic and can not get a specific search. I am trying to search for threads about my Scamp rooftop A/C but I get about 5000 pages, apparently every one that mentions Scamp. My problem is that my unit appears tilted and I can not find out if it is normal or not. Thank you,
Gary Smigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #2

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
From the Search menu of the site pick the Site/Google option. Front load your terms. E.G rooftop A/C tilt on scamp. search tends to put more weight on first words.

You are to be applauded for doing your own search to see if the answer has already been given. If not found just ask, someone will answer.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #3

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
A Big Thank You!

Thank you RogerDat for your quick response. I had just used the top "search window" and even tried a search for directions before posting. I hope to get along much better now. Thank you again
Gary Smigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #4

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Gary. Glad to have you with us.
Good luck on your project.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I'd love to see the top search window go away. It is basically worthless and discourages newbies from doing their own research once they get the lousy initial results.
Old 08-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Smigs View Post
My problem is that my unit appears tilted and I can not find out if it is normal or not. Thank you,
Welcome Gary. If you are looking at the front of your trailer and it looks like one side is lower than the other that is normal. The fiberglass at the front of the trailer on the passenger/ door side does come down lower than the drivers side.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
HI Gary, we're glad you're here

There are lots of kind and helpful people here on the forums. If you run into a problem and can't find an answer through Search.. I'd suggest posting in the Problem Solving forum. One question per thread. THAT helps with Search, especially if the title of the thread has true meaning of the problem.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:25 PM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
Serach on the "Google search" on this site and put the words you are searching for in quotes "rooftop AC" or "Scamp Rooftop AC" or "Roof top AC" or "Scamp Roof Top AC" Each one of thease searches will return different results. But the returning search will look for posts that have the words as written in the order written between the quotes. Quotes locks the search to what is written between the quotes. Instead of getting all the posts that contain the word Scamp and all the posts with the word rooftop and all the posts containing ac and all the posts containing the combinations of the 3 words.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote