How YOU doin? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-27-2018, 11:20 AM   #15

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvingplace181 View Post
..So I'm looking for a way to live as cheaply as possible, in suburbs. Any alternative advice?
A livable Scamp is going to run $5,000 to $10,000 or so. Thats a lot of rent money. My first place when I left home (for the first of many attempts by the way), was a rented room not much larger than a medium sized walk in closet, on one floor of a three story home in a college town, with each floor having 3-5 renters. Not so bad since all I did was work and sleep, but I was a little concerned about the one guy on the floor who was moving ever increasing amounts of pot.. it was a bigger deal then.

gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #16

Name: joe
Trailer: burro 1982
Tennessee
living full time in a scamp

If you are dead set on full timing in a scamp, You might consider moving to a climate with warm to mild winters. And taking work camping jobs that usually require 20 hours of work in the campground in exchange for full hook up sites. Use their showers, and laundry. Some even offer a salary for hours worked over the 20. That gives you plenty of time to take other jobs in town near by to the camp ground. There are plenty of work camping web sites. I own a small farm and house in East Tennessee. I garden and trout fish all summer. I usually travel and work camp all winter. I am now in Florida on the Gulf coast until April 1st. I was South of Tucson Arizona from Oct. 15th to Dec 30th. I love it and meet great and wonderful people. Good luck.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #17

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle of flight View Post
If you are dead set on full timing in a scamp, You might consider moving to a climate with warm to mild winters. And taking work camping jobs ..
Not a bad idea at all if you are willing to relocate (maybe a number of times a year). I gather that you are set on PA but if the above interests you see:
https://www.theoutbound.com/yeager-s...ampground-host

I had considered being a host but cleaning other people's bathrooms is something I did enough of when I was younger.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 06:55 PM   #18

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
I could almost see living in a small trailer in the Pacific Northwest. It rarely gets below 0 C, (32 F) in Vancouver, Seattle.... Still need a better way of dealing with waste products.

David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote