Howdy! Biogfoot shopping in Texas w/ a quick question. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the Market
Texas
Howdy! Biogfoot shopping in Texas w/ a quick question.

Hi everyone. I'm Mark from Dallas, TX.

Recently, Bigfoot trailers have caught my eye-- the thought of spending 20 - 30 grand on a disposable stick built trailer seems dumb. All the more interesting small trailers are either airstreams (hot, $$$, and quality concerns on late models even if they are beautiful) or fiberglass anyway. Once I get over 27 or 28 total feet I have to start looking at offsite storage which is something I'd rather avoid. Stick built trailers seem to get longer than that awful quick and I just don't have any interest in anything that large.

This brings me to my question: is the 25'6" overall length of the 25' Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) bumper to ball? That seems about right looking at the floorplans but I can't seem to coax the answer out of google. Add what? 2' to that if I find one hanging around with the front storage box?

TV is a 2013 F150 EB.

Thanks!
freqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Howdy Mark! Welcome to FGRV! I live in Midland, Tx. and own a 2015 Bigfoot 25B25RQ. My TV is a 2016 F-150 Ecobeast. You are right concerning the measurements. Mine has the front storage box which does add 2 extra feet. Don't be mislead by the dry weight listed on the Bigfoot site. Depends what extras it comes with. Mine has all of the options(minus solar) along with a 2.5 Onan generator. I weighed mine with just a few dishes and linens that my wife stocked, plus propane, and it weighed in at just under 6500#'s. Bigfoots are extremely well made and are a true four season camper (at least the newer models are) which is why they can be pricey. We purchased ours in Phoenix. They have a dealership in Round Rock(Princess Craft RV) but they don't have any used ones. I do know they had a 25RQ model they ordered for someone but the deal fell through so you might give them a call. One added note: make sure your F-150 has at least the trailer tow pkg. on it. I added some upgraded shocks as well as a Sumo spring rubber kit on my TV. You will also need to consider a good weight dist. hitch. There are lot's of knowledgeable folks on this website that will gladly answer any of the technical stuff. I'm still a novice but have learned a lot since joining. You may want to go to the Bigfoot section, under manufacturers on this site as well. Pertains mainly to the Bigfoot line. You can also get a temporary membership on the BOCI(Bigfoot Owners Club International) and find some great info there too! Good Luck!!
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #3

Name: Mark
Trailer: In the Market
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy M. View Post
Howdy Mark! Welcome to FGRV! I live in Midland, Tx. and own a 2015 Bigfoot 25B25RQ. My TV is a 2016 F-150 Ecobeast. You are right concerning the measurements. Mine has the front storage box which does add 2 extra feet. Don't be mislead by the dry weight listed on the Bigfoot site. Depends what extras it comes with. Mine has all of the options(minus solar) along with a 2.5 Onan generator. I weighed mine with just a few dishes and linens that my wife stocked, plus propane, and it weighed in at just under 6500#'s. Bigfoots are extremely well made and are a true four season camper (at least the newer models are) which is why they can be pricey. We purchased ours in Phoenix. They have a dealership in Round Rock(Princess Craft RV) but they don't have any used ones. I do know they had a 25RQ model they ordered for someone but the deal fell through so you might give them a call. One added note: make sure your F-150 has at least the trailer tow pkg. on it. I added some upgraded shocks as well as a Sumo spring rubber kit on my TV. You will also need to consider a good weight dist. hitch. There are lot's of knowledgeable folks on this website that will gladly answer any of the technical stuff. I'm still a novice but have learned a lot since joining. You may want to go to the Bigfoot section, under manufacturers on this site as well. Pertains mainly to the Bigfoot line. You can also get a temporary membership on the BOCI(Bigfoot Owners Club International) and find some great info there too! Good Luck!!
Thanks!

I agree that weight distribution is absolutely required and some rear suspension tuning may be required to tow north of 6k with an otherwise properly equipped F150.
freqz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 12:04 PM   #4

Name: Chester
Washington
Quote:
Howdy Mark! Welcome to FGRV! I live in Midland, Tx. and own a 2015 Bigfoot 25B25RQ. My TV is a 2016 F-150 Ecobeast. One added note: make sure your F-150 has at least the trailer tow pkg. on it. I added some upgraded shocks as well as a Sumo spring rubber kit on my TV. You will also need to consider a good weight dist. hitch. There are lot's of knowledgeable folks on this website that will gladly answer any of the technical stuff.
Roy M, Do you have the 3.5 EB with the tow pkg in your F150? How's that working for you when towing the your BigFoot? Any noticeable loss of power on grades? MPG? Also why did you decide to install Sumo solid rubber helpers instead of Firestones airbag?
I also have a 2016 F150 which will be towing our 25B21 Bigfoot and hauling a motorcycle in the bed of the truck. I was planning to install the airbag helpers on the rear but I'm open to advice and suggestions.
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #5

Name: Roy
Texas
Registry
Hi Chet! Had a nice reply all ready and when I hit "reply" it made me sign in again and I lost the post! Yes I have the 3.5 "Ecobeast" with the tow pkg. Have about 1200 miles on my BF and my fuel consumption has averaged a low of 7.8 mpg to a high of 12 mpg. Depending on head wind, terrain, and how heavy I put my foot on the gas pedal. Coming back from Phoenix (740mi) I averaged 9.5mpg. Most of the terrain I traveled was fairly flat, but I also drove up some pretty steep grades and hilly areas. No power problems at all! I usually drive 65mph,(conditions permitting), but have plenty of acceleration when I've needed to pass someone. About suspension helpers, I chose the simple route. I don't haul anything heavy in the back of my truck when I tow the trailer so the combination of Sumo spring enhancers, OEM rear shocks replaced with Bilstein heavy duty shocks, and an Equal-izer weight dist. hitch does a fine job for me. My truck runs level with no bucking or sway. I'm sure the Firestone airbags will do you a great job, I just didn't want to mess with running air lines. There are a lot of folks on this site that can give you some sound advice on suspension questions for sure! My 25 footer is considerably heavier than your 21 so you shouldn't have any problems at all with power. Cheers!
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:05 AM   #6

Name: Chester
Washington
Quote:
Hi Chet! Had a nice reply all ready and when I hit "reply" it made me sign in again and I lost the post!
Roy, thank you very much. I appreciate your reply. I was a bit concerned that I may experience some lack of power pulling the BigFoot with a load in the bed. So I was glad to hear your F150 performed that well while towing. The MPG is what I was expecting. I also have an Equal-izer hitch. I will be installing the Firestone airbags and replacing the oem shocks. Thanks again for posting your reply. Happy Trails
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote