I bought my first boler!!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2011, 06:17 AM   #1

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
I bought my first boler!!!

Hey All!

What a great forum, lots of information and really polite people on here, so happy to join.

My story is this: I tent camped with my family as a kid, I'm not 26 and want to camp with the bf and my greyhound, Bella. I wanted to go the trailer route since it's so much easier to just pack up and go. I kijiji'd 24/7. Found a 1990 Prowler, 18' , a/c, heat, everything possible, bought it, brought it home. I started doing research on how I wanted to renovate/decorate it (hate those fake wood cabiniets). I then started stumbling across vintage travel trailers, wow I thought, those are neat. Then I came across a Boler. That was it. I HAD to have one. I checked online every couple hours, for about a week. Then there it was, 1 hour away, no pictures, good price. I didn't care, I was on my way. Saw it, loved it (what's not to love about a Boler?!), bought it. We are bringing it home tomorrow morning

I have 100 questions to ask about these. My mind is going 100km per hour about what to do with it. I don't even know if anything works! I just wanted it, and that was that!

What color's did the 1979's come in originally? Mine is all off-white.

Thank everyone!

Maggie
Yamaha_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome!
I can't tell you too much about your specific year of Boler but I know I've seen them in Sunrise Orange (I think that's what they call the colour) and maybe an Avacado Green.
Enjoy your "new" trailer!
Cheers!
Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Hi Maggie! Roy in TO has had a thread going for quite some time that you might find interesting about Bolers and their kin.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nts-26760.html

Enjoy your new-to-you trailer!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:47 AM   #4

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Love them Boler's, How much sleep have you lost so far? Mine started life in Avocado Green, then Yellow and then the Desert Tan Beige color, now that it is mine it has a lot of primer on it due to all of the fiberglass repair. I'm still undecided on the final paint scheme, have fun.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #5

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Welcome from Manitoba

Love your Boler story! You will find answers for all those questions in this forum. Take care and enjoy it!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:31 PM   #6

Registry
Hey Yahama Gurl....Do you ride motorcycles too?
Cheers!
Emily
Old 04-21-2011, 04:58 PM   #7

Ontario
Thanks for all the info everyone I actually can NOT sleep cause I'm so excited.

Emily R, yep...I ride a Kawasaki 636 on the track. I use to ride a Yamaha, and would always use Yamaha_gurl for motorcyles forum names, hence it kinda stuck. Do you ride as well?
Old 04-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #8

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Maggie, '79s were off white. Is yours a '78 or '79?

We also love pictures!
Old 04-22-2011, 12:01 AM   #9

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Yamaha gurl...According to my '79/'80 brochure you could have any colour as long as it was white or colonial white. Models were Scout 1300...Voyageur 1300...and Deluxe 1300!!! BTW welcome.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha_gurl View Post
Emily R, yep...I ride a Kawasaki 636 on the track. I use to ride a Yamaha, and would always use Yamaha_gurl for motorcyles forum names, hence it kinda stuck. Do you ride as well?
Nice!
Yup I ride too....Currently I'm riding a 89' Honda Hawk 650GT which I absolutely love!
In the past I've had a FZR600, VFR800, Honda Bros400 (gray import) and now the Hawk.
Gonna insure the Hawk this weekend and I'm stoked!
I've gone to our local track and watched a few times but don't have the extra time, cash and probably the kahunas to race myself!
Some many fun toys and so little time!
Cheers!
Emily
Attached Thumbnails
hawk.jpg   IMG_5629.jpg  

052.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 06:54 AM   #11

Ontario
Thanks for the info, yes mine is an off white. I really have my heart set on two tone though

Emily, I use to ride an FZR600 too...then sold it and bought my kawi. Track riding will help with your street riding, you will be 100% more confident in how much you really can lean your bike

Oh and yes...pics:

Kawi:

Also rode one of the bf's bikes, a gsxr 750...didn't like it much though.

Give it a try Emily, just don't become too addicted
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #12

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
Thanks for all the info everyone I actually can NOT sleep cause I'm so excited.

It's good to hear that somebody else was so excited to get their new unit. I slept little the night before the almost 800 mile round trip and though I was exhausted, I slept little last night. A couple of times I got up and looked out the window at my 85 Scamp 16 footer. The wife says I'm acting like a kid at Christmas. Maybe there really is a Santa Claus.

My wife rides a Yamaha Grizzly 450 IRS and I ride a Polaris Sportsman 550 XP. Both 2009's.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #13

Registry
Quote:
Emily, I use to ride an FZR600 too...then sold it and bought my kawi. Track riding will help with your street riding, you will be 100% more confident in how much you really can lean your bike
Give it a try Emily, just don't become too addicted
No problem on the leaning side of things....The hawk is like riding a BMX, you can really throw her into the corners!
It's the addiction part that I'm worried about....I'm sure I'll love racing more than my wallet can handle!

Tags
boler