I have no idea how you figure out which one to buy! Hi from So. Calif. - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-21-2017, 09:02 AM   #71

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Nice job, and done so quickly. Did you do all the work yourself or have it done? Keep us up-dated.
Dave & Paula

Old 08-21-2017, 09:04 AM   #72

Name: Lisa
Trailer: 1992 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Thank you.
My spouse and I did the work.
Only thing left (for now), is getting the awning attached correctly.
I need to source some C-Channel railing.

Old 08-25-2017, 04:09 PM   #73

California
Registry
Hot today. Air added.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4622.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	110707
Old 08-26-2017, 04:44 PM   #74

California
Registry
Got the awning sorted out too!
Have I mentioned that I love this little FG trailer!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:05 AM   #75

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
I'm pretty sure the trailer is as happy as you are! It's had a makeover, and more important, it's getting out and about. Parked trailers seem so lonely, black streaks running down the sides like tears. You just keep on loving that trailer!

Counting the days until our next outing...
Old 08-31-2017, 07:10 PM   #76

California
Registry
Still enjoying the Scamp in the driveway experience!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:05 PM   #77

Name: John
Trailer: Oliver Elite 2
Northern Nevada
Lisa,

We enjoy our camper at home too. It lives in the garage and we go out there for movie nights. Fun, and it starts me thinking about the next trip.

Enjoy your new trailer.
Old 09-01-2017, 03:17 PM   #78

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspy View Post
Lisa,

We enjoy our camper at home too. It lives in the garage and we go out there for movie nights. Fun, and it starts me thinking about the next trip.

Enjoy your new trailer.

Movie night. I think that would be more relaxing than the news I had on.
Old 09-01-2017, 04:34 PM   #79

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
When my home office/guest room was taken over by an intern a few years ago, the Scamp became my office for three months. Ours is close enough to the house to pick up the Wifi signal. Every now and then I still take my work there just because.

Lots of ways to use your trailer between trips! I seem to recall a thread on that very topic a while back...
Old 09-01-2017, 04:55 PM   #80

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Ours is close enough to the house to pick up the Wifi signal.
Jon, that TV in the photo is a Smart TV which allowed me to tap into my Wifi for all the channels and that way I didn't need a cable or cable box. Cool stuff!
Old 09-29-2017, 09:08 AM   #81

California
Registry
What's great about having this first (possibly only) Scamp is that I am learning my must haves with it.

First thing I enjoy is the 12V battery. Seems it comes in handy when running the interior lights, that are now LED, and my #2 must have, the fantastic fan.

I've owned the Scamp just under 2 months now and since I'm in So. Calif. I am thankful that it has a fantastic fan. These have been a couple of warm months. I find that no matter where I am, home, or at the beach or in the mountains I have enjoyed having some air circulating.

I don't know if these come with propane automatically or if that's something you add when purchasing, but that would be my third, must have. I find that I cook inside the trailer and I have enjoyed the ease of turning on the propane and cooking with the stove.

The next option I have enjoyed is the sofa. Since I keep the dining table in the bed configuration quite often, the sofa has been a nice place to sit and do some journaling. I think I may modify my sofa to a front dinette, so I get the sofa-type experience, but also the table for convenience while not having to switch out the main bed each morning. It's mainly a nuisance since I added 4 inches of memory foam onto it.

I bought a Laveo dry flush toilet that I put in my van, it is working for me at this time since I don't have any black tanks in my Scamp.
https://dry-flush.com
I like it and it works for a person who is squeamish about that type of thing.

That's my update for now. At this time 13' is still working out well for us.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:54 AM   #82

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
what to buy and how to buy neweeeee

lisa first of all you need to consider your tv towing vehicle first then here are the major brands Scamp, Casita there are others check their weights Casitas run heavy.

Figure out what length in our case we chose a 13f why because we spend most of our time outside, we are not motel on wheels you know the 70k rigs good for you if that is what you want.

Money is a big concern for us so we buy used we paid 5k for our Scamp and although its not in perfect condition its perfect for us. when I scratch it or ding it I just go on no big deal!

How to find the perfect rig for you? After learning all you can via the net you can do this and deciding what you want the fun begins. I am a Craiglist guy so I do a search in 4 surrounding states be prepared to drive some. Now remember these are elusive so you have to decide how much you are willing to spend you need to have that in cash sellers will not take c/cs nor personal checks even M/Os today. Too much phoney stuff going on believe me!

Ok you have your decision made on your model, you have found something you may like, you have done your studying up you have your cash on hand oh you do have a hitch on your car right? so when the rig shows up you call the seller, ask some pertinent questions about it, I don't know I have always been able to detect honesty in a person.

OK now you think you have it nailed but remember there are other buyers up to the same thing you are so what next? To show sincerity you say sir I want your rig how about a 250.00 deposit i can send it us mail or by paypal you know what that is right and have a pap pal account. You say what would you prefer to hold this for 3 or 4 days and I will bring cash for the rest.

You arrive to give it a final look over you get the title, you hand over the money and off you go a very happy buyer and camper owner. Now remember you gave him a 250.00 deposit so too late to worm out of it unless he has really overstated things.

I have carried as much as 25k for something I found believe me a 25k deal on Craigslist is cash only! I will not fly with that kind of money I just bought a car buyer wanted cash I said no way I have heard too many stories of cash being seized at checkin I m not risking that! I gave him my bank to call and the vp at the bank!

I am 76 years old I have bought and sold many things either Craigslist or Ebay I have found only one person not on the up and up and I have been at this 30 years. Yes buyer beware do your diligence and best of luck to you!!
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #83

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
lisa first of all you need to consider your tv towing vehicle

Hey you who didn't read the full thread... ... having fun with you, I don't do that either sometimes.

I did buy a 13 footer. Paid $4,000 for it. It's the layout #1, front couch/bunk beds.

I think the good news is that my tow vehicle is rated for 5,000 pounds so the 13 does fine, only drawback is that in the back of my mind I think, gee, that Sprinter (tow vehicle) will also tow a 16 footer. Though for now, I love my first (possibly only) Scamp.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:54 AM   #84

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Lisa I can take fun I can take about anything I was just giving you my way of doin things and apparently you rock the same way. You paid 4k for yours so I paid too much I will have a bad day today thinking about that 1k in hard earned money.

I am starting to get some pictures of Stevie when done I will post them I think I can do that if not someone will let me know again no offence taken from anyone!

I don't know about you but this Scampin thing is just plain fun! we are off next week for a 3 day trouting trip it will be our last for this year unless I head up to Virginia for some!