I Owe You All So Much! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #15
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
"Fortunately, Joanne shares my values.}

I love our trailer and our travels but the partner is so very important. Joanne will be the key ingredient. There's nothing like shared values. It takes two to share well.

Wishing you well

Norm and Ginny

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #16
Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
Congrats on your new Scamp. We just got our last month and are greatly enjoying it. for any of you who are going to Backus to get one I suggest you try the restaurant at the Cenex fuel station just South of the Scamp "hatchery". Great food, large portions, cheap prices.

Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:41 AM   #17
Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 13 2014
Michigan, Blue Water Area
Norm & Ginny, I agree about the sharing. My wife waited patiently for my return from far too many trips for 43 years. The Scamp will be used to make up for that. Your exploits on this forum serve as inspiration to me and others who need to know what's around the next bend.

Gene, thx for the tip about the Cenex gas station / restaurant. We'll check it out. We went up there last Jan to see the trailers and place our order. It was close to -20 degrees and the state was covered in ice. (no problem for a Subaru) I was surprised to find a gas station close to the area you described that had a gun store with a pretty good selection of ammo. The owner turned out to be our Scamp salesman's son. Small world.

TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #18
Name: Ray
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 13
My wife and I are also planning to use a Scamp 13 in retirement. Because I think that long periods of time "inside" our Scamp13 might drive me a little crazy, I decided that adding some "outdoor" living space might be pretty desirable?

We recently added an "instant" screen room to our camping equipment. It is made
by a company that is up in Rogers, Mn (southeast of Backus toward Minneapolis)

Not counting the stakes, one person really can set it up in about 45 seconds and take
it down in even less time. It is a CLAM 1660 Mag Screen Tent. A couple of optional
"wind panel" kits (3 panels per kit) will turn it into a fully enclosed "tent" space for sleeping, a porta-potti privacy space, or ????

Disclaimer: I have no financial interest in or connection to CLAM Outdoors.
You can find more details on the CLAM 1660 Mag Screen Tent in the following URLs:

Clam Six Pack Screen Tent Video...The others don't compare.

Clam Corporation 9294 3-Pack Screen Hub Wind Panels/Canopies - $34.65

rdickens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 04:23 PM   #19
Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 13 2014
Michigan, Blue Water Area
Thanks for the tip Ray. This looks like a good solution for those rainy days, or when the mosquitos are driving you crazy. My brother has an ice fishing tent made by Clam and I can attest to the quality of their products. It's on my wish list. Let us know how your's works out for you as well.

TomK is offline   Reply With Quote