I'm new! Have to say hello! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot
Alberta
I'm new! Have to say hello!

Hello everyone! I have been looking and researching on your site/forums, I recently bought a pre-owned Bigfoot B17 deluxe. I enjoy reading about the restoration, and little mods people do to make their little homes just a bit better. It has given me great ideas and helpful information.

Now what seems to be a 1985 Bigfoot B17 deluxe (what the dealer told me), I asked for the VIN # (serial #) and he gave me a 5-digit number. All the research I have done leads me to believe I got a 1981 instead but I have no idea. I came up with the conclusion because I have the old power center in the kitchen counter. Everything up until about 1983 had this. Also I noticed the configuration of the shower/bath is a bit different. This community seems to know a lot, and a little bit of help would be great! Great to be a member now!

VIN # 42681 ???
Attached Thumbnails
621219.jpg  
Bigfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 12:06 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
I'd contact Bigfoot and ask them.

Contact Us - Bigfoot RV - Truck Campers & Travel Trailers - Recreational Vehicle Manufacturer
Old 03-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #3

Alberta
Hi rbryan,

I did contact them yesterday. They told me since their new ownership they wouldn't have much on record. They told me if I can get them a 17 digit vin they can look into it. I said all I have is a 5-digit serial number, looked all over the frame, inside and outside for a vin. I am in RV retail and have a good idea of what I am looking for. 17 digit vin didn't come until about 1982? or so.... I dunno...

Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:23 PM   #4

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfeet View Post
Hi rbryan,

I did contact them yesterday. They told me since their new ownership they wouldn't have much on record. They told me if I can get them a 17 digit vin they can look into it. I said all I have is a 5-digit serial number, looked all over the frame, inside and outside for a vin. I am in RV retail and have a good idea of what I am looking for. 17 digit vin didn't come until about 1982? or so.... I dunno...

Thanks for the suggestion!
Ah, I see. Yeah, I guess they weren't required to have a 17 digit VIN back then. Lots of Bolers and others only have a serial number too.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Tony
Trailer: Dutchman
Massachusetts
Welcome to the site

Tony
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 01:35 PM   #6

Alberta
Thanks tony, great to be a member!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
MC1

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Airstream Sold, Nest Fan
Ontario
Mike... The BF looks good. We looked at many like yours back in the day but never did buy one...........yet!
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #8

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1 View Post
Mike... The BF looks good. We looked at many like yours back in the day but never did buy one...........yet!
Thank you! Being in the RV dealing business, I found this little guy that was traded in. Very VERY good deal too, I thought so anyways! Looking at picking it up in the next month or so.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:53 PM   #9

Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Minnesota
Welcome to the group. Hope you get some great trips in this next season with that good looking RV.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:40 PM   #10

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the forum, Mike, and congrats on your new Bigfoot trailer. I'm sure you'll have lots of good times with it. We love ours! Got any interior pictures?
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 PM   #11

Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Interesting BF. I can't tell you the year but the rear location of the water heater might be a clue. The clearance lights don't look original so don't rely on those as any sort of indicator. Some additional shots of the exterior and interior might help us figure it out. Is there a manufacturer's sticker on the inside of the closet door? Or a VIN plate near the entry door under the assist handle?
trainjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 06:32 AM   #12

Alberta
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1425558657.340123.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	80989

Thanks everyone so far, warm welcomes! This is the only other **** I have.... No entrance handle... I will see if I can get some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 03-05-2015, 10:55 AM   #13

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Looking at the various BF in the Registry, there are none with that particular decal pattern. Of course, some have no decals. I believe the oldest BF 17' is 1983. Seems to be another piece of the puzzle to support your belief that that is an '81. I also noticed that you have the entry light towards the top of the door. There is a '79 in the Registry that also has the entry light in the same location.
As has been said, we do love to look at pictures
Welcome to FGRV and have fun with your BF!
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote