Intro and order - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-17-2015, 08:55 PM   #1
Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 due Mar 21st, 2007 Tacoma 4X4 V6 tow package
Intro and order

Well will finally make it official and introduce myself belatedly. I found out about fiberglass trailers and started checking about a year and a half ago. I've been tent camping for years. Being 6'4" I started looking at ones with more height. First I liked Parkliners but being far away in California and their issues...... then saw the Lil Snoozy info and that was what I was focusing on. It really grabbed me.

Those who say to people researching to go to a rally are right. I went to the King City rally at San Lorenzo park, thanks Marianne, and among others checked out an Escape. Thanks Mark. I'd heard about them but wasn't really looking closely, for some reason I was thinking they were made on the east coast of Canada.

The Lil Snoozy layout had some things that I really liked. After seeing the Escape 19 and realizing I could modify to equal that I started looking closer. Joined and have been looking at build photos and lists. Several emails to the company, replied to right away, fantastic customer service. I'm at the point, a bit over 5 years from retiring early, that I could buy new and the exchange rate is helpful now.

So I now have a deposit down on an Escape 19. Due March 21st 2016 though won't be able to get up there and pick up till next May.

Once I retire I'm planning long trips, been following rvsue's blog among others and would like to do the less crowded places, blm land etc. I'm an ex electronic engineer, now working for a school district as electrician/locksmith/whatever needs done. So can and will modify things and can repair things.

Already working on a build list I'll post soon and get suggestions. I've already put a huge amount of stuff on it, been looking at the mods not on the official list, etc. Seems I want them all ;-)

I hope to take a much closer look at CADreamin's 19 soon. That will answer some questions and I'm sure introduce others as I plan.

Now the long wait begins.

Jeff in Salinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #2
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Thanks for jumping in, and congratulations on both your new trailer and upcoming retirement.
Happy Trails
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote