Old 11-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #73

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
A little local press doesn't hurt!

Tumalo business to make travel trailers
How cool is that! Good for you Robert. I wish you much, much success as do many others here on FiberglassRV.

Now, I hope to see this new trailer at the Spring NOG and if not there... the Oregon Gathering in July (fingers crossed)
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #74

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Very cool sites! Late night reading material for me, bookmarked them!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:16 AM   #75
Commercial Member

Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Oregon
Registry
I hope Dale finds his way to this thread. He asks some good questions.

But before I drill down into too many details, please allow me this caveat: though we are still designing and engineering, some answers will not be known until we have prototypes built. So things could and probably will change. That said, here goes...

Dale asks:

Where is the hydronic heating system located, how does it draw air and vent, and how is the heat distributed throughout the cabin?

On the Exterior Details page of our website, you can see the heater vent located between the wheel well and the access hatch on the street-side views. On the Interior Details page you can find a link to the ALDE website that describes the Compact 3010.

Does the refrigerator vent to the outside? Is there a hood over the gas stove top and if so where does it vent?
The NovaKool R3100 is an electric-only, compressor-style refrigerator and requires no outside venting. No vent over the cooktop is planned at this time.

With...no continuous steel frame from tongue to bumper, where is one supposed to locate a jack for changing tires?
Reinforcement is engineered into the 1.875" thick composite floor around the wheel well.

The site says the camper comes with 16" rims to "match those found on most contemporary tow vehicles". It's a great look, but the artwork suggests they are 6-lug rims... Does the Nest really come with 6-lug hubs?
A couple points here: 1) my wheel/tire sources tell me that 16" trailer-specific rims cannot be found with five lugs; and 2) our 3500#-rated torsion axles are typically set up wit six lugs.

Again, some decisions/choices may be "reconsidered" down the line, but this is what we have in mind as of now. Thanks!
Old 12-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #76

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You have to admit, Robert answers a lot of questions a lot quicker than some other fg manufacturers who sometimes seem to ignore prospective customers and owners after their purchase.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #77

Name: Fred
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Kootenay's of BC
Registry
Robert,,,Belated Congratulations!!
I somehow missed this thread. I haven't read it all so I'll hold off on questions till I do but I went to your site and seen the renderings. As expected WOW,WOW,WOW!!
Fred
Old 12-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #78

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
I hope Dale finds his way to this thread.
Robert,

Yes, I did find this thread (thanks to Mary F for posting the link for me). I can't believe this thread has been out here for almost 2 months and I'm just now learning about it. And thanks Robert for addressing my questions. You are generating a lot of interest and positive vibes, and your responsiveness is much appreciated! Everyone is eager to see #0001 roll out your shop door. Best of luck...

Dale
Old 12-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #79

Name: Dave
Trailer: Trails West Campster, CampStar, Uhaul, Fiberstream
Washington
I just saw this adventure for the first time....Robert, you have done a great design and I wish you good luck and long business life.....Dave
Old 12-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #80

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
You have to admit, Robert answers a lot of questions a lot quicker than some other fg manufacturers who sometimes seem to ignore prospective customers and owners after their purchase.
Those who have seen some of the total restores of older trailers Robert has done at fiberglass meets are not surprised. Amazing attention to detail and design. Have no doubt that each component of the trailer will be well thought out and researched unlike some of what we have seen with recent new fg manufactures.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #81

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I for one really, really appreciate the responses.
Makes us know there is really someone out there
that is interested in our thoughts as well, good or bad.
Old 12-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #82

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
Just to be fair, Robert is not in full production yet. He may not have as much time to socialize when he is.
The other manufacturer referred to, cough, Parkliner, cough, is likely in a different boat.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #83

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Tilston View Post
Just to be fair, Robert is not in full production yet. He may not have as much time to socialize when he is.
The other manufacturer referred to, cough, Parkliner, cough, is likely in a different boat.
While not in full production on the new trailer he is as far as I can tell still running The Egg Plant which I am sure he has learned that customer relations are an important part of being successful. It is nice to see that he is willing to answer so many questions on a product that is still at the drawing board stage.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #84

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
While not in full production on the new trailer he is as far as I can tell still running The Egg Plant which I am sure he has learned that customer relations are an important part of being successful. It is nice to see that he is willing to answer so many questions on a product that is still at the drawing board stage.
That's exactly why Robert has posted the rebuild of a 1972 Trail Mite. Those of us that have followed along on Egg Plant rebuilds of trailers learn a LOT! Pay attention folks, this guy knows what he is doing.. 72 Trail Mite Rebuild by The Egg Plant

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote