I've found my Bigfoot! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-23-2016, 12:37 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryc View Post
We had a line on a used one. But the seller wouldn't let us get it inspected, wouldn't even take a deposit. I'm glad we didn't get it.
I would have to ask the reason why they would not?

I can see it if the seller has a line up of people waiting to see the trailer and the odds are high to selling to someone fast with no such conditions attached to the purchase.

Funny enough where I live the housing sales are so hot currently that if you where to put any type of condition on your purchase offer - i.e. home inspection or subject to financing etc its a good bet your offer will be tossed in the garbage can unread due to the number of other offers the seller has received without any such conditions.

Market for used trailers is always HOT in the spring time.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:46 PM   #22

Name: larry
Trailer: Casita, but in the market for a bigfoot
Colorado
yes, that was pretty much it, they had another buyer (from out of state) who was willing to buy it sight unseen. The reason they gave was that an inspection wasn't needed. I couldn't tell if everything was working, water, electric, grey and black water, so it would have been a pig in a poke for me.
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:47 PM   #23

Name: larry
Trailer: Casita, but in the market for a bigfoot
Colorado
oh, and the housing market is about the same here. Hoping we will be able to sell while things are still hot here.
larryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 02:38 PM   #24

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwayneR View Post
Actually, I was thinking Franswa's looked a lot like my '98 (still recognize her mike_bc?)
Haha..the penny just dropped pal. Looks way nicer in your custody with a cool checkered flag awning and a lift.

Drop me a PM sometime.
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:37 PM   #25

Registry
Quote:
I couldn't tell if everything was working, water, electric, grey and black water, so it would have been a pig in a poke for me.
I always ask before going to see a trailer that they have water in all the tanks, hot water tank turned on, fridge on and propane in at least one tank so I can try switching items running on electrical over to propane.

That way you can be sure things are working. Run the shower, water pump, light the stove etc. Open up the grey water tank and watch the water flow out ;-)

It is what the parties selling me the last two trailers did and what I did when selling the Scamp (unasked). Both parties I have purchased from (out of the Country & sight unseen) took a lot of time to showing me how each item worked including emptying tanks etc. I tried to do the same with the party who purchased from me.

If someone is not willing to even do that then I would pass on the trailer for sure.

If they say it has no propane tank or battery - then bring your own! Although to be honest I do not understand folks who can not be bothered to even replace those items prior to selling. Would make me wonder about what else they could not be bothered with.
Old 05-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
oh, and the housing market is about the same here.

When the housing market is hot its hot!
Hoping we will be able to sell while things are still hot here.

When the trailer market is hot its hot as well!

Listed my Scamp on Craigslist at 9:30PM on a Saturday a few weeks ago. By 11PM had over seven requested to see it the next day. By 9AM Sunday morning had a dozen more request. Trailer sold to the first party who came to see it on Sunday full asking price, with party #2 standing back indicating they would take it if the first party did not.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:09 PM   #27

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Sounds like you got a really nice trailer. That's a nice layout with the couch in the back. Have fun with your new baby! You're gonna love it.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #28

Trailer: 1999 Scamp 13 ft and 2003 Bigfoot 17 ft (15B17CB)
Very similar to our 2003 CB. Looks to be in good shape, enjoy, love those 1500 series BFs.
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot