Jayne - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2019, 05:46 PM   #1

Name: Jayne
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Jayne

Hi there Trilium 1300. I am new to towing and camping on my own. I have had my trailer for 3years now and just love it. I have done some cosmetic fixes inside. As I was not to fond of the gas furnace and don’t cook in the trailer I have removed the furnace and stove. I do have a electric cook top I can use in the rain. This year I am going to work on the out side and have started with the fiberglass repair on the many ston chips. It seems I have a lot of damage and rot I think inside the door there is some caulking around one of the hinges and I think water gets in there. Can I take the door apart to repair it or will I need to get a new door.
Betsy 1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 05:49 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Hi Jayne.

It would be fun to see some pix of your work. Can't help with your question, but I'm sure others can.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:45 AM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Damage and rot = window seals (butyl tape, have to remove the windows to do it), wood around windows and belly band. Those along with the body to frame bolts would be the first thing I do to a Trillium. Lots of threads on Trillium door hinges and various levels of repairs to the wood that the hinges bolt into.

Floor rot is bad problem to have on a Trillium due to the somewhat unique interior construction. Preventing water from reaching the plywood sandwiched in the floor is job 1. Fortunately the design of the Trillium makes it less likely for water to reach the plywood. But if it does, I am still waiting to see someone tackle that job. Rot in the flooring on the rear dinette is something others have tackled. Its the main floor from the kitchen to door. Look for sag across the floor and the roof, as well as soft spots.

I looked at two Trilliums before I bought mine (#3). The first two both had serious main floor rot. Both of them sold to others. Kind of waiting for those buyers to appear on this forum.

David Tilston and Randy Bishop are two forum members that have owned many Trilliums and have done extensive rebuilding. There are others too with ample experience, which has been a huge benefit to me!
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote