joe - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2015, 08:13 PM   #1

Name: joe
Trailer: scamp
Colorado
joe

hi I.m new to this website so I will begin with some pointers ; I own a 1983 scamp had it a few years it is due for some TLC but my pockets are sorta empty I want to repair my stress cracks in my door where it bolts to also I noticed it may be sagging from the roof near the vent the wheel also has stress cracks above the left top of the door and there has been a bummer tire blow out so the wheel well door side is damaged near the door it,s funny but for a little camper big concerns lie ahead any help with ideasv would be great
joezuerlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
joe

Welcome to FGRV! Some good pictures would help give us an idea of how serious each of these issues might be. Pictures of the overall interior and exterior condition would help, too. There are some pretty smart people here who will have some good ideas.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 12:40 PM   #3

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Great site to find out what works, lots of good ideas for repairs.
Old 01-30-2015, 12:49 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome Joe. yea pictures would help
Old 01-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #5

Name: joe
Trailer: scamp
Colorado
83 scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa-t View Post
Welcome Joe. yea pictures would help
I will get with that soon it is cold winter day here in Colorado my camera seems to not like the cold like myself so I will warm up the lens to take some shots in the mean time could any one give me some ideas what to do about body sag near the door sagging door I think my problem is not that bad yet but will need attention I have heard you can jack up the body from the frame to help take the stress sagging then use some shims of some type to help this also I used some spacers on the hinges to raise the door up a bit so it will stay shut better about a 1/4 of a inch also I think the stress cracks above the left of the door is surly part of the deal not bad yet but getting there the frame seems to be ok but who knows there may be some thing else
joezuerlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:49 AM   #6

Name: Steve
Trailer: 16' Scamp
California
Joe, I admire your plan to do your own repairs. I am also new here and not much of a do it yourselfer. Best to you and I'll look at your photos with interest as I am hoping to soon buy an Egg.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote

« Howdy! | Richard »