Josh and Sarah from MI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Name: Joshua
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Michigan
Josh and Sarah from MI

Hello all,

My wife and I just purchased a 1978 Trillium 1300, we sold the trailer I built from the ground up (it was an outdoor adventure trailer with Roof Top Tent) to buy this. We wanted more comfort, and we will also now be able to take our dogs when it isn't to hot for them.

Right away we got rid of the cushions, both the bench seat and the dinette, and we purchased new foam and material. Luckily we have a family friend that was getting into the upholstery business and is doing the labor for free in return for before and after pictures for her new potential customers. I am in the process of taking out the furnace as we have no need for it at this point. I have already taken out the power invertor. I eventually have a deep cycle battery with charge controller for the solar panels I already have. Currently I just a YETI 400 to run small electronics.

Anyway, I will post more pictures of the build soon. Thanks and look forward to the wealth of knowledge this site/forum will offer.
b63215b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:15 PM   #2

Name: Nancy & Dan
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
Hi Josh and Sarah!
Welcome to the site! You certainly will gain a wealth of info and ideas here! It sounds like you already have a head start on some of us who have never done any building!! That'll go a long way for you. Again welcome!
Nancy from MI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #3

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Josh and Sarah,

I am sure you will enjoy your Trillium 1300! I agree with Nancy and Dan, you have me beat in terms skills and restoration abilities! Looking forward to those pictures.

Happy Camping,

Dean
Old 10-26-2016, 12:46 PM   #4

Name: carolyn
Trailer: 2005 casita sd
Michigan
Michigan is a great state to camp. Did you know many of the state parks close some loops but keep one or more open with rustic amenities and half price late in the season like late October? They just close the modern bathroom but keep the electric on at the sites. We use a little ceramic heater, which is quieter than the furnace.Try Ludington some time sans the crowds in late October! Welcome.
Also Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat Rec is half price and no crowds now.
garycarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:56 PM   #5

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Welcome to FGRV, Josh & Sarah!

Your ground-up trailer sounded cool, and this sounds cool, too! I'm so glad your dogs get to camp with you when it's not too hot--ours really love to go.

BEST
Kai
Old 10-26-2016, 03:50 PM   #6

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy from MI View Post
Hi Josh and Sarah!
Welcome to the site! You certainly will gain a wealth of info and ideas here! It sounds like you already have a head start on some of us who have never done any building!! That'll go a long way for you. Again welcome!
Thanks, once I become more familiar I will post pictures of my old trailer and the new. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:51 PM   #7

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Josh and Sarah,

I am sure you will enjoy your Trillium 1300! I agree with Nancy and Dan, you have me beat in terms skills and restoration abilities! Looking forward to those pictures.

Happy Camping,

Dean
We love it so far, just want to get it feeling ours before we use it. Thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #8

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycarolyn View Post
Michigan is a great state to camp. Did you know many of the state parks close some loops but keep one or more open with rustic amenities and half price late in the season like late October? They just close the modern bathroom but keep the electric on at the sites. We use a little ceramic heater, which is quieter than the furnace.Try Ludington some time sans the crowds in late October! Welcome.
Also Sleeping Bear Dunes Nat Rec is half price and no crowds now.
We love MI, we prefer to camp off grid and not in campsites period. We park on state land for free and love the backcountry. Nicest place for that was High Rock Bay at the tip of the Keewanaw. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:53 PM   #9

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Welcome to FGRV, Josh & Sarah!

Your ground-up trailer sounded cool, and this sounds cool, too! I'm so glad your dogs get to camp with you when it's not too hot--ours really love to go.

BEST
Kai
We are pumped the dogs will get to go, just will be an adjustment to get used to it. Thanks for the welcome.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:11 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
It's a good idea to keep the furnace and various parts you uninstall, in case you ever decide to sell the trailer and the new owner wants them. Or if something else comes up. Who knows, there may be a person on here who really wants an item to replace their broken one!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:23 PM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Hello Joshua, I sent you a private message. I'm in need of a furnace and the dinnate seat doors.
Mike
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 07:14 PM   #12

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
It's a good idea to keep the furnace and various parts you uninstall, in case you ever decide to sell the trailer and the new owner wants them. Or if something else comes up. Who knows, there may be a person on here who really wants an item to replace their broken one!
Not a bad thought but I couldn't get the furnace to work.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:09 AM   #13

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
Hello Joshua, I sent you a private message. I'm in need of a furnace and the dinnate seat doors.
Mike
I texted you last night with no response. Let me know