JPSCasita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #1

Name: James
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Texas
JPSCasita

Hi...I am JPSCasita. I am going to buy a 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe. Can anyone tell me what equipment comes with the trailer. For example, does it come with a sewer hose, a tire jack, battery meter, etc. Just wondering what is needed to immediately use my trailer that is not provided by Casita. Thanks
JPSCasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:49 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Welcome James, you don't say if you're buying new or used. Your best bet if new would be to ask the builder. If used I'm sure most all would come with what would be needed to camp less personal items. The items just to use a TT is a lot less than all the "nice" to have things.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #3

Texas
I am buying a new trailer. Good idea...I will see if the dealer can be helpful. Thanks for your advice.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:56 AM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Basics to camp your way home include wheel chocks, leveling blocks, round bubble level, water hose, pressure regulator, extension cord, 30A to 15A adaptor, sewer hose, black tank treatment, jack (tow vehicle jack may or may not work), lug wrench, tire pressure gauge, lighter, basic tool kit.

Many manufacturers offer a starter kit as an option, which includes some of the items on the list, probably not all. Most prefer to purchase their own so they can choose specific products and brands. With a new molded fiberglass trailer, it passes the time while you're waiting for it to be built!

I really wouldn't stress over it too much. Walmart is never far away and typically carries many of the items you need. There's very little you can't manage without for one night in any case.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:38 PM   #5

Name: Jim
Trailer: 2015 Casita 17SD
Florida
Hi JPSCasita. You mentioned dealers, but new Casitas are only sold direct from the factory in Rice, Texas. Their website contains a list of standard and optional equipment, so I would start there. There are also a couple of Casita-specific forums you will want to check out.

I know for a fact that there are a lot of Casita owners in Texas, if you contact the factory they can put you in touch with a local owner in your area that can show you their trailers.

I have a 2015 17 SD so feel free to send me any questions. The deluxe models include a bathroom are well-equipped out of the box, but depending on how you want to use it many of the options make a lot of sense - awning, furnace, A/C, lift kit, etc. etc.

Plan on waiting a few months to take delivery after you place an order.
DeBreez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:31 PM   #6

Name: Mike
Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Puget Sound, WA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSCasita View Post
Hi...I am JPSCasita. I am going to buy a 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe. Can anyone tell me what equipment comes with the trailer. For example, does it come with a sewer hose, a tire jack, battery meter, etc. Just wondering what is needed to immediately use my trailer that is not provided by Casita. Thanks
I bought the Casita Travel Trailer A-Z Owners Guide shortly after purchasing our used Casita. I thought it very worthwhile and still refer to it.

It also includes a lot of information that can be useful in advance of the purchase.

I don't have any association with the publication; I just thought it a good one.

Civilguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 06:43 PM   #7

Texas
Smile JPS Casita

I want to thank you for all of your comments to my questions. I will summarize them and will use them to get me started. My wife and I will buy a new Casita Spirit 17. It seems pre-owned Casitas go fast when put on the market. I agree that getting ready for our Casita by using your suggestions will help past the time. It looks like the factory will have it completed by mid to late November. The comments and suggestions you provided will help us out tremendously on our first camping trek. Thanks, Again JPS
Old 08-03-2016, 09:50 PM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
James, congrats on your decision. Just FYI, you may want to let Casita know if there is a cancelation on a 17 to give you a call, would move your pick up date closer.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita