Just brought home a Ventura - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #15

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
I know where there is one but its really rough. The poor thing was shot through the door lock and propane regulator as well as a window. Then a bear got in and someone shot buckshoot through the street side wall so there are about 20 1/4" holes. I know I can get it cheap and may just do it up and sell it. Save it from the scrap yard.
I went inside to see what year it was and opened the closet door to find a 10" hornets nest and a lot of very mad hornets! Exit stage left and about 7 bites.

Old 11-05-2017, 09:18 PM   #16

Name: Phil
Trailer: Ventura
Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
I know where there is one but its really rough. The poor thing was shot through the door lock and propane regulator as well as a window. Then a bear got in and someone shot buckshoot through the street side wall so there are about 20 1/4" holes. I know I can get it cheap and may just do it up and sell it. Save it from the scrap yard.

I went inside to see what year it was and opened the closet door to find a 10" hornets nest and a lot of very mad hornets! Exit stage left and about 7 bites.

Yikes that does sound a bit rough! It would certainly be worth it to Reno for resale. Especially since you've already done one of them, the second would be easier I'm sure.

Can't imagine having a bear inside that tiny camper...

Old 11-05-2017, 10:01 PM   #17

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Manitoba
Phil,
It is fun to see pictures of your progress.
I envy you your garage. I had to pack up my trailer for the winter on Friday. I estimate that I was 3 days from being finished the cabinetry and rest of the interior fittings. I still have the water system and the electrical to complete but it is just too cold to work outside now.
I hope you keep posting as you go.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 AM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
amazing

phil you are a in a group of amazing people here to have the courage to start a project like this let alone able to follow through to the finish.

I wonder are you logging the hours you are using on this redo? I know leasure hours don't account for much but it still has to be time consuming!

I love your passion and your work!

bob
Old 11-06-2017, 07:12 AM   #19

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
phil you are a in a group of amazing people here to have the courage to start a project like this let alone able to follow through to the finish.

I wonder are you logging the hours you are using on this redo? I know leasure hours don't account for much but it still has to be time consuming!

I love your passion and your work!

bob

I'm not currently logging my hours, perhaps I should be! I would estimate that I have about 10-15 hours into it at this point.

It will certainly be a project that I spend many hours on, thankfully I have a long cold winter ahead of me with nothing but time!
Old 11-06-2017, 07:37 AM   #20

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
when you are done

I can see this consuming some time but I am betting you have plenty. I wish I had the skills some of you have here. I cant imagine when that final thing is done and you load up to take it on a trip.

Not long ago at our state trout fishing park a couple pulled up in an old Shasta that had been redone. They got visitors all afternoon from people bragging on their job.

the trailer itself had been repainted white trimmed in mauve even the wings. it really looked neat and was perfect inside.

another old trailer saved from the salvage yard to be used another 50 years!

bob
Old 11-06-2017, 07:38 AM   #21

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
I can see this consuming some time but I am betting you have plenty. I wish I had the skills some of you have here. I cant imagine when that final thing is done and you load up to take it on a trip.

Not long ago at our state trout fishing park a couple pulled up in an old Shasta that had been redone. They got visitors all afternoon from people bragging on their job.

the trailer itself had been repainted white trimmed in mauve even the wings. it really looked neat and was perfect inside.

another old trailer saved from the salvage yard to be used another 50 years!

bob

That's so great!

Tags
ventura