Knee deep in a Burro restoration... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2008 Scamp
Minnesota
Knee deep in a Burro restoration...

My wife and I finally took the plunge into restoring our 1983 Burro. After a couple of years of lurking, I finally decided to join the site and share our pain and success.

As with others on the site, we have a rotten floor and decided to do a top to bottom restore. We have most of it stripped down and have been compiling a list of great ideas from those that have gone before us.

We also have a 2008 Scamp for our current camping needs and will probably sell the Burro when the restoration is done (that is, if we can part with it).

We will post pics as we make progress. Next step is to remove the floor...
TomKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Good luck on the restoration. It's great that you have something to camp in while it's being worked on. We tented for two years while doing ours. Pop in a couple photos of the before and after when you have time.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #3

Minnesota
Here is a picture of the project burro...

...and our 2008 Scamp in the background.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0815.JPG  
Old 07-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Hi Tom! Melissa here, met you and Laura at Jay Cooke SP near Duluth, MN. You were headed to Hibbing for a wedding and you looked at the Fantastic Fan setup in my Scamp. You were right, the marathon ruined any chance of site seeing in Duluth. No parking anywhere due to all the vendor trucks etc. Oh well, gives us something to look forward to next time. Wasnt that a wicked storm? Crazy flooding! Thankfully we'd made it to IL by then so only got a small taste of it but that was enough!

Oh Wow! Just went to the Jay Cooke website and this is posted on their homepage:

Visitor Alert!

Park closed due to flooding

Due to flooded roadways and mudslides, Jay Cooke State Park is currently closed.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #5

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKin View Post
My wife and I finally took the plunge into restoring our 1983 Burro. After a couple of years of lurking, I finally decided to join the site and share our pain and success.

As with others on the site, we have a rotten floor and decided to do a top to bottom restore. We have most of it stripped down and have been compiling a list of great ideas from those that have gone before us.

We also have a 2008 Scamp for our current camping needs and will probably sell the Burro when the restoration is done (that is, if we can part with it).

We will post pics as we make progress. Next step is to remove the floor...
Hi Tom,

I bought my '83 Burro from ShaneO after he had just done a frame-off complete replacement of the floor. He posted a ton of pix at the time and I highly recommend that if you are doing the floor, you do it like he did and eliminate a lot of potential future problems. I'll try and find the link to his pix.

Froggie

PS I assume you've found the Burro manual in the archives(?)

PPS The pix are down now, but I'll see whether I archived them in my hard drive.
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #6

Minnesota
Thanks Froggie. I am hoping to start removing the floor tomorrow or next weekend.

I will look for the manual.

Tags
burro