Lil Snoozy=happy camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2011, 03:43 PM   #1

Name: Glenn
Trailer: lil snoozy
South Carolina
Lil Snoozy=happy camper

I just picked up our "Lil Boozy" from Al and Nick. We had discovered a few issues on our first camping trip and, combined with things they had discovered needed changing, they reworked our trailer doing everything we had asked for and then some!! In this day and age of " those who talk and those who do ," and coming from a background of customer service and the power of "word of mouth", I am very pleased to inform y'all that these folks aim to put out a quality product. They also were doing these fixes to our friend Ruth's trailer.

The biggest change was upgrading the pan of the shower to a really neat fiberglass system that goes up the walls about three feet and also raised the commode about three inches ( helpful at this stage of my life ).

Electrical innovations and some minor corrections resulted in a very "Happy Camper" here. If anyone is in the Charleston SC area and wants to take a peek, or wants to ask any questions, just let me know.

BTW...when will fiberglassrv add Lil Snoozy to the lineup at the top of the home page??!!!
Gleam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Have any photos inside and outside of your new rig?
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 04:50 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm familiar with Lil Snoozy, I saw the prototype this summer and made some suggestions. The shower pan was one, a/c shroud, shelf over widow, and a longer 30 amp cord. I'm curious, what electrical issues were changed?
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam B View Post
BTW...when will fiberglassrv add Lil Snoozy to the lineup at the top of the home page??!!!
Glenn, congratulations!
I understand there's a problem with the software that produces the skin for the first page.... there's a LOT of brands that need to be added.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #5

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm familiar with Lil Snoozy, I saw the prototype this summer and made some suggestions. The shower pan was one, a/c shroud, shelf over widow, and a longer 30 amp cord. I'm curious, what electrical issues were changed?
They integrated a 25 ft? long cord to "park" in a space under the bed and now pulls out of a cool outet near the tongue. This is where the generator is usually located. Previously, we hooked up the cord on a connection near the water hookups. They also put the 12 volt master switch at door, so you can turn on the lights when you enter the trailer.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #6

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Have any photos inside and outside of your new rig?
I had posted some pics of the outside of the trailer on a previous thread "Wake up lil snoozy " and recommend that you go to their site Lilsnoozy.com to see pics of the inside. Thanks for the interest.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #7

Name: Tim
Trailer: 2006 Casita
New York
Congrats on a cool trailer, I got to see it also at the Pa. gathering. I also made a few suggestions, Nick is very easy to talk to.
Tim Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:17 PM   #8

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
A cord opening on the front? What are they doing to prevent water ingress (if driving in rain)?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 AM   #9

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
A cord opening on the front? What are they doing to prevent water ingress (if driving in rain)?
The outlet is a waterproof unit with a locking latch cover. I had never seen one before, but it works great with the plug end safely parked inside the lid. I will try and post a picture when I get the chance.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:44 PM   #10

South Carolina
electrical outlet pics

I took pics of the outlet mentioned above, for those interested. The cord tucks into a space under the bed. Clever stuff, Nick
Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #11

South Carolina
Don't know why the pics didn't attach to this message...sorry
Old 10-14-2011, 07:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Don't know why the pics didn't attach to this message...sorry
See if this helps: Picture posting help by Donna D. Wait for the page to load.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #13

Name: Laura
Trailer: Winnebago
Iowa
Hi Gleam just wondering how you are liking the lil snoozy by now. We are seriously considering one of these little campers, and would really like some feed back. I have talked with Ruth G. and she is really pleased with hers. Have you had any problems?
Laura June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #14

South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura June View Post
Hi Gleam just wondering how you are liking the lil snoozy by now. We are seriously considering one of these little campers, and would really like some feed back. I have talked with Ruth G. and she is really pleased with hers. Have you had any problems?
Just got back from a rally in Cherokee with Alan, Nicholas and another Snoozy owner, Fred. All of us had a caravan going up I-26. Many people at the RV campground asked if they could come inside and I think one or two were actually sold or will be!

We had a chance to go inside Casitas and a Burro, and while those were nice, my wife and I agreed that "we did very well". We love our Lil Snoozy
and you couldn't do business with nicer folk than Alan and Nicholas. Any issues we had were minor, and they took care of them immediately.

We turned a LOT of heads this weekend. I think you would be very happy with one.

My cell is 843-670-1771
Old 10-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #15

South Carolina
Here are some pics of the "Lil Snoozy" rally this past weekend. The first shot is at the factory in St. Mathews. There were supposed to be seven Lil Ones but only four made it. We made quite a stir at the campground. Could have been those mummy types that joined in our campsite.
Attached Thumbnails
P1010566.jpg   P1010569.jpg  

P1010573.jpg   P1010574.jpg  

Old 11-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #16

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
While I have been planning the purchase of a 13 foot Scamp Deluxe I continue to search all trailer brands with the hope of getting just what I want. I have recently discovered lil snoozy and have made plans to visit the plant on December 23. Have you weighed your trailer? Weight is a concern. Also, with no front window, how do you find ventilation when sleeping with no air conditioning?
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #17

South Carolina
weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
While I have been planning the purchase of a 13 foot Scamp Deluxe I continue to search all trailer brands with the hope of getting just what I want. I have recently discovered lil snoozy and have made plans to visit the plant on December 23. Have you weighed your trailer? Weight is a concern. Also, with no front window, how do you find ventilation when sleeping with no air conditioning?
I have not weighed the trailer, but the manufacturer has. I think it's under 3000#.

We opted to install an additional window in the bed area, to match the one that comes standard. We liked the idea of cross ventilation. Haven't had a chance to test it, but with a fan in the bed area, it should be fine. Remember, it's a Full Quenn size matress, NOT a piece of 2" foam on a board!!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #18

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
I have not weighed the trailer, but the manufacturer has. I think it's under 3000#.

We opted to install an additional window in the bed area, to match the one that comes standard. We liked the idea of cross ventilation. Haven't had a chance to test it, but with a fan in the bed area, it should be fine. Remember, it's a Full Quenn size matress, NOT a piece of 2" foam on a board!!
We often camp in the woods with no electricity. If I opt for the lil snoozy rather than the Scamp, we would also get the additional windows. I would hope under 3000#. It is advertised on the web site as 1900#. I asked though, because from what I am reading the Scamp generally runs about 30-40% more than it's advertised weight.
Bill in Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #19

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill in Pittsburgh View Post
We often camp in the woods with no electricity. If I opt for the lil snoozy rather than the Scamp, .
If thats the case then you may want to take a closer look at the features as the lil snoozy may not be the best trailer for your usage.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:28 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
If thats the case then you may want to take a closer look at the features as the lil snoozy may not be the best trailer for your usage.
I wouldn't necessarily say that. There's always the generator option to power the microwave, water heater, and whatever else. Even without that though, one can use a portable 2-burner LP stove with 2 lb mini tanks for cooking and heating water. Or use Sterno, for that matter.

As for ventilation, a vent fan on low (running on the battery) will draw air nicely into bed area windows even when there is no breeze outside.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote