Looking for a trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2019, 02:51 AM   #1

Name: Monty
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Nebraska
Looking for a trailer

My first post. I’m from Omaha, Nebraska and am looking for a great deal on a travel trailer (17-21 foot) or so. The nearer the better. Thanks
MWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 06:33 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Monty!

This forum is specifically devoted to all-molded “egg-type” fiberglass trailers. That’s a different construction process than framed or laminated trailers with a fiberglass skin. Scamp and Casita are the best-known brands in the US, but there are others.

“Great deal” is relative, but be aware that all-molded trailers tend to be more expensive than similar-sized conventional trailers and far more scarce. They are sized by total length (an older convention still used by Airstream, but not by most mainstream manufacturers), so deduct about three feet to arrive at cabin size. Many are narrower than conventional trailers, too. On the plus side, they are easier to tow, less prone to leaks, and hold their value well.

Check out our classifieds website to get an idea of what’s out there. You can also visit www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:42 AM   #3

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Look on Craigslist and buy a used "sticky".
Far cheaper than a good "Egg". in so many ways.
You will get more space for your money and, if you are lucky, get what you pay for.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:13 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Great deal not a molded FG trailer. Durable, relatively light weight, and hold their value extremely well = molded FG.

My sticky friends are shocked how expensive my Escape 19 was.

As far as a great deal, demand far exceeds supply. So you tend to not get great deal and you tend to have to travel. I drove 500 miles one way for my Escape and 650 miles one way for my Trillium. Now I could have found a Scamp or Casita closer, but I wanted something else.

I looked for about a year for my Trillium and several months for my Escape.

I also drove long distances for trailers I passed on.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #5

Nebraska
What are you selling?
Old 05-30-2019, 11:43 AM   #6

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWest View Post
What are you selling?
There are 3 Lil Snoozy for sale right now. Get 'em while they're hot!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:53 PM   #7

Nebraska
HaHa they’re out of business
Old 05-30-2019, 01:29 PM   #8

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
Are you only looking for new then?
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 01:52 PM   #9

Nebraska
Looking for a used fiberglass rv about the size of Escape 19 or 17
Old 05-30-2019, 02:53 PM   #10

Delaware
Quote:
HaHa they’re out of business
The three I mention are used. I bought the fourth!
Old 05-30-2019, 04:32 PM   #11

Nebraska
What years, sizes, accessories, pictures, costs, location, etc? I would like to speak on phone. Thanks
Old 05-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #12

Name: Justus
California
Quote:
What years, sizes, accessories, pictures, costs, location, etc? I would like to speak on phone. Thanks
No one who has posted here is selling trailers. They are telling you what is available. You need to check the "Classifieds" section by clicking the "Classifieds" tab up top or by visiting https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com. Better yet, post a "Want" ad in said classifieds. You'll find several trailers for sale within one state of you; whether or not any one constitutes a "good deal" is up to you. You can send a private message to sellers to arrange a call for more details.

By the way, most of the manufacturers listed on the front page are out of business. If you are excluding defunct manufacturers, you're less likely to find a "good deal."
Old 05-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #13

Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus C View Post
No one who has posted here is selling trailers. They are telling you what is available. You need to check the "Classifieds" section by clicking the "Classifieds" tab up top or by visiting https://www.fiberglassclassifieds.com. Better yet, post a "Want" ad in said classifieds. You'll find several trailers for sale within one state of you; whether or not any one constitutes a "good deal" is up to you. You can send a private message to sellers to arrange a call for more details.

By the way, most of the manufacturers listed on the front page are out of business. If you are excluding defunct manufacturers, you're less likely to find a "good deal."
Yes...what you said is correct. Go to the classified section and search Lil Snoozy. Thank you.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:40 PM   #14

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
I LOVE my Lil Snoozy! 19 feet tongue to rear bumper, a dedicated queen size bed, lots of space in underbed storage for the CatCave, a jackknife couch for that occasional 3rd person, a breakaway table for meals. I added a lot of options- extra window to bring the outdoors in, extra storage portal on drivers side, Thetford marine toilet , and top of the line 12V . Loving it!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:57 PM   #15

Nebraska
I would like more information, photos, price, etc. I do like the camper. Monty (402) 250-0425
Old 06-01-2019, 06:07 PM   #16

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
I would like more information, photos, price, etc. I do like the camper. Monty (402) 250-0425
This is not the way to do it. People here are sharing their own experience, not offering their trailers for sale.

To find a nice molded FG trailer, you have to be very quick on your feet, answer a lot of ads, and get lucky. Most do not last long.

Its best to go to a rally FIRST, so you can see the various brands in person, talk to owners, etc, and then target what fits you best. There is a forum on rallies, click on the tab. You do not need to own a FG trailer to go to a rally, and you don't have to camp either.

And consider putting up your own ad, a wanted to buy. Demand exceeds supply, so the faster you can move, the better your luck will be. I bought my Escape the first day it was posted for sale. I bought my Trillium after looking for about a year, and it never showed up for sale in any of the usual places. And one trailer was 500 miles away (one way) and the other was over 600 miles away (one way). I never had one fall in my lap locally, or even within a one day's drive.

And while you are seeking more information, someone else is driving and buying the trailer. Its just that competitive. This is why knowing what you want, and about what they sell for is key. Knowing that in advance will allow you to POUNCE.

One mistake I have seen others make is they still believe in the theory called "dibs". I responded first, so I should get first dibs. It doesn't work that way. Instead the person with the simplest response to an ad such as "I would like to buy your trailer, when is a good time to see it?" will jump ahead of anyone asking a bunch of questions. Its just how it works.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:14 PM   #17

Delaware
Quote:
I am not selling a fiberglass trailer. I am only telling you what I own and like. I happen to know people who are selling Lil Snoozy's but you will need to contact the sellers directly. You need to pursue the trailer you like by going to the Classified section and doing some online research or go to a rally.