Looking For Elvis and a unicorn camper. - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-29-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Name: Bill
Trailer: teardrop
Tennessee
Posts: 2
Looking For Elvis and a unicorn camper.

Howdy ya'll from Memphis..

As my introduction,
For nearly a half century I have been afflicted with an addiction to wanderlust and camping..
From the early 60's to the mid 90's I was an avid backpacker and long distance cylcle-tourist. My preferred rv was a vw bus . The last few years of the 20th century I simply car camped with a Karmann-Ghia and a tent.
In 2000, when I turned 50, I (finally) got married and everything changed!
After a couple years of car-camping we bought a Litl Guy teardrop.
Now, 10 years and 45000 miles of backroads later we are looking at up-sizing to a massive 13 / 15 foot camper.We have some very special requirements so I'm not sure if what we are looking for actually exists.

It is said that the perfect rv is as hard to find as a unicorn...

This site seems to have lots of friendly , knowledgeable folks and I am looking forward to learning more about the world of fiberglass campers.
Bill

By the way I did find Elvis..
He's buried in the back yard of his house, kinda like a pet hamster.
__________________

__________________
Schosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,556
Registry
Looking For Elvis and a unicorn camper.

Welcome, Bill!

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm curious… what are the "very special requirements"? If you're handy, and you can't find exactly what you want, you make it!

Best wishes!
__________________

__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Bob in Mb's Avatar
 
Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
Posts: 261
If you think that a FGRV might be in your future , attend a rally in your area and have a look around.
__________________
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Johnny M's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Posts: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schosh View Post
Howdy ya'll from Memphis..

As my introduction,
For nearly a half century I have been afflicted with an addiction to wanderlust and camping..
From the early 60's to the mid 90's I was an avid backpacker and long distance cylcle-tourist. My preferred rv was a vw bus . The last few years of the 20th century I simply car camped with a Karmann-Ghia and a tent.
In 2000, when I turned 50, I (finally) got married and everything changed!
After a couple years of car-camping we bought a Litl Guy teardrop.
Now, 10 years and 45000 miles of backroads later we are looking at up-sizing to a massive 13 / 15 foot camper.We have some very special requirements so I'm not sure if what we are looking for actually exists.

It is said that the perfect rv is as hard to find as a unicorn...

This site seems to have lots of friendly , knowledgeable folks and I am looking forward to learning more about the world of fiberglass campers.
Bill

By the way I did find Elvis..
He's buried in the back yard of his house, kinda like a pet hamster.
Don't know what part of TN your from but we will be hosting "Eggs on the Hiawassee" May 19-22 near Helen GA with an open house/showing of eggs on Saturday from 10-2 and you welcome to stop buy to get a first hand look, right now I know we have Boler, Scamp, Casita, U-Haul, Trillium, Escape, Oliver, Parkliner, Bigfoot and Fiberstream models attending...
__________________
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Name: Bill
Trailer: teardrop
Tennessee
Posts: 2
Details on the unicorn rv

Thanks folks for the incredibly quick responses..


Johnny M ... I saw the information about the upcoming rally. Unfournuately that is the one weekend in the entire year that I must stay in Memphis.. My wife is in charge of a major local event which occurs that weekend.

Jon, I'm kinda thinking on starting a new thread for specific ideas on what we are looking for but one of our controlling requirements is to be able to transport two recumbent trikes, each with a footprint of 34"x 72".
I figure a thread outside of the welcome forum may attract more participation.

I am reasonably handy..so much so one thing I'm trying to find out is what MFGs may be willing to sell an unfinished shell that I could mod to fit my needs..Actually lil snuzzy said they would , so they are definitely an option.
Bill
__________________
Schosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Posts: 406
Little snoozy and also Parkliner will customize. I think backpackers/ultra light campers woud be very satisfied with the Parkliner. Tom is a wealth of information there.


For my Dh's comfort, and the comfort of the 3-4 cats that will be travelling with us, we went with LilSnoozy. We got the extra driver side portal to the underbed storage area, besides cargo we will be carrying cat litter boxes and cat beds in there. Will need some LED rope lights...
__________________
That's my job. I read...and I know things
Mitzi Agnew-Giles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 07:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,043
Registry
Buy an older Trillium 13, remove the frame (Just a few bolts) and bolt it onto a 16 ft utility trailer...Viola! Toy haulin' unicorn trailer which meets all your needs!...

__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Roy in TO's Avatar
 
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Posts: 4,954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schosh View Post
Jon, I'm kinda thinking on starting a new thread for specific ideas on what we are looking for but one of our controlling requirements is to be able to transport two recumbent trikes, each with a footprint of 34"x 72".
...
Bill
Every now and then an old Trillium Sportsman will appear. It had rear entry doors and was fairly easy to customize the interior. It might suit your needs.
Have a look at this thread:
Rebuild of a Trillium Sportsman
__________________
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:43 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Triker's Avatar
 
Name: Ann
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 13'
Washington
Posts: 113
Hi Bill,

I have a GS G5 which folds, so I will carry it in my vehicle as all but the driver's seat has been removed. How heavy and are your trikes foldable?
__________________
Triker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:43 AM   #10
Commercial Member
 
Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Posts: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schosh View Post
Thanks folks for the incredibly quick responses..


Johnny M ... I saw the information about the upcoming rally. Unfournuately that is the one weekend in the entire year that I must stay in Memphis.. My wife is in charge of a major local event which occurs that weekend.

Jon, I'm kinda thinking on starting a new thread for specific ideas on what we are looking for but one of our controlling requirements is to be able to transport two recumbent trikes, each with a footprint of 34"x 72".
I figure a thread outside of the welcome forum may attract more participation.

I am reasonably handy..so much so one thing I'm trying to find out is what MFGs may be willing to sell an unfinished shell that I could mod to fit my needs..Actually lil snuzzy said they would , so they are definitely an option.
Bill
Simple John those bikes will fit right into the HCi1 no alterations needed.
__________________
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 08:30 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,556
Registry
Looking For Elvis and a unicorn camper.

The Happier Camper HC1 was my first thought. The rear hatch would be easier to load than than the narrow door on the Lil Snoozy. Perhaps the cargo Lil Hauley version has a larger door?

But a lot depends on what else you want the trailer to do besides carrying bicycles: beds, galley, toilet, shower?
__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:33 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
floyd's Avatar
 
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Posts: 6,043
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Simple John those bikes will fit right into the HCi1 no alterations needed.
Of course they would fit in any cargo trailer with enough floor space.Does the HC1 have enough? What about using it as a travel trailer at the same time?
__________________
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
David B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Posts: 1,717
Registry
Jon, that's the first time I have heard someone refer to the 28"x71" Lil Snoozy door as narrow . It's wide enough for an electric scooter for the handicapped.
__________________
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Jon in AZ's Avatar
 
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Posts: 5,556
Registry
I stand corrected!
__________________

__________________
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New and Yearning to own a small camper from Md., VA and DC brushy Hi, I am.... 8 06-24-2015 11:56 AM
New and looking to buy a new camper Angelic General Chat 11 10-04-2012 01:51 PM
Day trip to hunt the Unicorn MillerK General Chat 4 01-13-2008 04:43 PM
FOUND: Looking, Looking, Looking 13 ft. - need right price Carolyn Eck Wanted: Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers 2 07-21-2007 10:22 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.