Me and Georgie 13’ 1983 C asita remake - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-19-2019, 02:38 PM   #1

Name: Martha
Trailer: Currently shopping
Pennsylvania
Me and Georgie 13’ 1983 C asita remake

In January I drove to Texas to pick up my 1983 13’ Casita and drove another 2 1/2hrs to visit my girlfriend(she had gotten her Scamp in the fall) and we camped on her Mother’s ranch down by the pond. And then the drive back to PA. With another 350 miles to go a tractor trailer pull up next to me and turned his lights off and on. Ok I think that he was trying to tell me something. The next exit I took and did a walk around. No running lights. Played with the connection nothing happened. Unplugged from the car, it was my car it had blew a fuse. I was staying put. Checked with the mom and pop store if I could stay for the night. Sure no problem. I got my dog and under the covers-4 blankets and had my gloves on. Woke up the next morning it was 19* it was time for coffee and hit the road.
Studied Georgie (everybody is always asking where is George) and decided to take the carpet off the walls and ceiling. Who ever gets this later will be surprised to see gold shag carpet in the cabinets and closet. Me and the carpet fought a few times but I won. The carpet is off the rubber backing is off and now the glue needs to be removed. Still need to tackle the rug on the floor and hopefully it will have no surprises.

I’m thinking of putting Reflectix on the walls. Having it sandwiched between the fiberglass and carpet. But then I read that it needs to have a pocket of air going around it to do a proper job of insulting.

What’s your thoughts?
What have you used?

Thanks for your help and suggestions!!
Martha
Martha D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 AM   #2

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Hey Martha, you will probably get responces with a more detailed question. Your post covers several areas, which one are you wanting advise on?
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 AM   #3

Pennsylvania
I’m working on the walls and ceiling. All the rugs are off and so is the foam.
My main questions is about Reflectix vs insulation board. I know just enough to be dangerous.
Thanks for your help.
Old 04-20-2019, 06:13 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha D View Post
. I know just enough to be dangerous.
Thanks for your help.
Hey that's my line,,lol
Sorry can't be of any help on that topic, haven't done any of that but are plenty of people on here that have. I'm sure you'll get the advice you need soon enough.
Fred
FRED SMAILES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:26 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
My plans for the wall/ceiling is on hold because I took the carpet off the floor and the wood has splintered and pieces of wood. So, now the floor needs to be done and I wasn’t going to take the benches out but now I am. It’s turning into a bigger project than what I had wanted. It’s going to be better than before and with my own taste. I’m done working on it for tonight.
How far are you with your camper?