Midwest Greetings from Missouri Jim - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2015, 08:01 AM   #1

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Midwest Greetings from Missouri Jim

Since this is my first post please have patience with me. Last week I finally jumped into the fiberglass travel trailer river. I bought my first Casita (2011 Freedom Deluxe) last week in Arkansas. I pulled it back to Kansas City with my 2010 Nissan Frontier and it is the easiest pulling trailer I have ever owned. In the past I have had every type of trailer but not a motor home. First impressions are it is going to be just what I needed. I did help a friend of mine move a Casita to Memphis about four years ago and that reflexion made me think about a Casita for my own.I have been retired for nine years after spending 25 years in Government Market Sales with Motorola. I recently sold 25 acres I had on a lake and decided I had enough lawn mowing and tree trimming and I would do some traveling. Since it is just me I decided the Casita seemed like the answer. I will let you know how it goes in further posts.
Jim in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 08:21 AM   #2

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Welcome to the world of fiberglass trailers, Jim! And to this forum too. If you have any questions, ask away. There are many, many knowledgeable folks here who can help you out. Safe and happy travels to you!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:24 AM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Thanks for the info. I am getting my feet wet in September attending the River Valley Egg Rally in Arkansas. This is just after my 50th High School Class Reunion two weeks before. I like to keep busy!
Jim in Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Jim Welcome aboard. I'm sure you are going to enjoy your intro to fiberglass traveling. As you have already discovered they tow especially easy. You will get even more confirmation that you make a good choice when you go to the gathering and get a chance to spend some time with the members of our fiberglass community. The only downside to gatherings is that you get to see what others have done to make their trailers special and thus you will have a list of mods to do to your trailer that will keep you busy for months. Enjoy Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:36 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape 17 ft 2006 / 2005 Honda Pilot
Registry
Welcome Jim!
We love photos 📷 here! I hope you enjoy traveling (very few chores!) - there's certainly a lot of places to go, things to see, and scenery to relax in!

Anne H
Anne H is offline   Reply With Quote