Moving On Up! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2016, 06:48 PM   #1

Name: Hillary
Trailer: 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G
Washington
Moving On Up!

My husband and I have been the happy owners of a 2005 Escape 17B for three years, but this weekend we bought a 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G!

We went from 3 to 5 dogs over the winter, and the Escape's floor plan was just going to be too tight without constantly kicking the dogs outside. Somehow in random internet searches on Saturday I happened upon the reasonably priced Bigfoot, and called later that afternoon to see if it was still available. I was shocked to find it was so put a deposit down over the phone and drove to see it the next day. It's perfect, the extra width and height make a big difference. I can't tell but it seems like Bigfoot might not measure the length from bumper to hitch front, so the box itself might be longer too? Technically the Escape is 17'8" long and the Bigfoot 17'5" long according to their websites, but the Bigfoot definitely feels bigger inside in length as well as width. We won't have it home until next week so then I'll be able to check.

We are so excited! In addition to the better floorplan for us, it has a easier awning, an oven with three burner stovetop, a water heater that turns on with the push of a button inside, tank heaters and insulation, day and night shades, and a few other small things. A newer, bigger Escape with extra insulation would have been just as nice, but there haven't been any at as exciting of a price!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20160515_131227-01.jpg  
Old 05-17-2016, 07:41 PM   #2

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
congrats....

those 17.5 are hard to come by.....I think you`ll find it`s still 14 feet inside though (but can`t be sure).....different moulds altogether from the 1500 series 17s (just look at the belly band height for comparison)
Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sweeeeet! Who would complain that you found a trailer with floor plan that works for YOU? Certainly not me...make a ton of great new memories!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 07:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congrats and welcome to the Bigfoot family! We had a similar story. Our Bigfoot Silver Cloud sat in storage in Oregon for 3 months while I tried to think of a way to broach the subject of buying it with hubby. It was at a price that we could not to pass up either; 15,000 dollars less than out insurance company insured it for.
We don't have dogs, but we have 2 Munchkin cats, down from 3, who camp with us. It will be interesting to see how they react when they first camp with us next weekend in the new camper.

CindyL

PS: We have 3 more cats at home who have not camped with us yet. When we retire, 2 will likely still be living, so we will have 4 camping cats. In the Uhaul, that would have been crazy, especially since one of the camping cats hates one of the non-camping cats! Good thing we have 4 rooms now!
Old 05-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #5

Name: Kim
Trailer: Uhaul
California
Registry
Congratulations

Do you still have the 17 ? If so, are you selling it? Kim
kkinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #6

Name: Michael
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B25RQ
BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary View Post
My husband and I have been the happy owners of a 2005 Escape 17B for three years, but this weekend we bought a 2008 Bigfoot 25B17.5G!

We went from 3 to 5 dogs over the winter, and the Escape's floor plan was just going to be too tight without constantly kicking the dogs outside. Somehow in random internet searches on Saturday I happened upon the reasonably priced Bigfoot, and called later that afternoon to see if it was still available. I was shocked to find it was so put a deposit down over the phone and drove to see it the next day. It's perfect, the extra width and height make a big difference. I can't tell but it seems like Bigfoot might not measure the length from bumper to hitch front, so the box itself might be longer too? Technically the Escape is 17'8" long and the Bigfoot 17'5" long according to their websites, but the Bigfoot definitely feels bigger inside in length as well as width. We won't have it home until next week so then I'll be able to check.

We are so excited! In addition to the better floorplan for us, it has a easier awning, an oven with three burner stovetop, a water heater that turns on with the push of a button inside, tank heaters and insulation, day and night shades, and a few other small things. A newer, bigger Escape with extra insulation would have been just as nice, but there haven't been any at as exciting of a price!
The Gaucho is a nice layout. Wishing you happy trails for many years!
mike_bc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vin