my first motorhome. 1969 aalite - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2014, 07:52 AM   #1

Name: adam
Trailer: aalite
Michigan
my first motorhome. 1969 aalite

thanks for allowing me into your community. i am very excited as i recently purchased and begun fixing my first r/v. the price was right at 200 dollars. fun story too, two doors down from me is this vacant house and here sits this r/v, i ask neighbor who as luck would have it is friends with the owner. call the guy and i guess he had moved the r/v there for a man he had working for him at aforementioned home. the deal was he could stay in camper plugged in for free as he was doing renovations. guess the guy was a crackhead though and after he stripped the house he started on the rig. as far as crackheads go he was very attentive and neat about stripping the rig. he used the right tools and all will be an easy fix. so he got the furnace, shower head, and copper for all water and gas. lol anyway that's my story and this is my project. it will be nice to see another one of these on here when all is said and done. they are impossible to find on the web.
Click image for larger version

Name:	aalite4.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	68600

Name:	aalite2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	68601

Name:	aalite1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	68602

Name:	aalite3.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	68603
adam_doyle20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
That's cool. I like the '69 ford f100 grill on it. Is it a Ford chassis? Do u have a pic of rear of Coach? Motor home projects intimidate me with the self propelling drivetrain and all. That is wonderful keeping the cool old motor homes on the road. Good luck and have fun the reward will be wonderful.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:31 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Looks like you have quite the resto project. I'll bet that motor home could tow a nice little fiberglass 'Egg'.
What a fun combo that would be
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:40 AM   #4

Name: adam
Trailer: aalite
Michigan
Thanks you guys. actually. kevin this is a dodge chassis. it has a 212hp 318. I try not to let it overwhem me. the more i look at it the easier it looks. most of it is all cismetic. the shell itself is completely intact a little elbow grease and paint she will be good as.new. I'm actually glad the inside is as trashed as it is. any nicer i may have left it. this just gives me an excuse to renovate. and yes pam an egg would be cool but i have a a 1951 aerocraft aluminum fishingboat to tow. if you look close you'll see the tire buckets on the front bumper great place for my 73 suzuki 125 prospector enduro
adam_doyle20000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #5

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Not many motorhomes on this site.
Only trailers.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 AM   #6

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I though that someone posted a photo of a small truck camper that was fiberglass, but I'm not sure of the model.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #7

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Lots of Molded fiberglass BigFoot campers out there as well as some 1972-1979 Sunrader campers that were build when Gardner-Pacific bought Amerigo, to get the technology, hence a direct genetic connectins to trailers for both. And there are even those very few Scamp motorhomes.

Right now there is a Sunrader 5th wheel for sale out there but, alas, it's a sticky.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 AM   #8

Name: steve
Trailer: Born Free Fiberglass
California
Enjoyed your story and seeing pic.
So, is that MH all fiberglass?

I have a Class C, all fiberglass MH.

This a good site, lots of good info regarding fiberglass RVs in general.
Looking forward to hearing from you more and project.
stev is offline   Reply With Quote