My new Amerigo F16 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #15

Name: Stuart
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
Minnesota
Registry
Nearby Amerigo owner.

Hi Pam! I Live out by Afton. I bought my FG-16 last year up in McGregor. Mine was not gutted when I bought it, but it is now! You are lucky to find one with the Bunk bed set up, mine does not have that. I am currently prepping my shell for paint...You have a LOT of work ahead of you! I do a bit of work on mine every day after work, otherwise I would never get it done. I am hoping to have it ready for hunting this fall. Best of luck!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 PM   #16

Name: Pam
Trailer: Amerigo F16
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Stu View Post
Hi Pam! I Live out by Afton. I bought my FG-16 last year up in McGregor. Mine was not gutted when I bought it, but it is now! You are lucky to find one with the Bunk bed set up, mine does not have that. I am currently prepping my shell for paint...You have a LOT of work ahead of you! I do a bit of work on mine every day after work, otherwise I would never get it done. I am hoping to have it ready for hunting this fall. Best of luck!
Hi,
I am getting some help with my trailer's rehab. I thought having a bunk would be a nice option until I saw it in person. It is really difficult to move up and down. I am planning on having it removed. In the up position it slants back covering the back wall above the window. This is where I intend to put a mini split ac/heat venting unit (compressor on rear bumper extension. I'd rather have that area free of obstruction. Possibly the bunk could be serviced to work better but I really don't need the bunk except for resale value. Good luck with your project. Pam

Old 06-14-2015, 09:15 PM   #17

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
hows the rebuild going ?
Old 08-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #18

Name: Cooneyfarm
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
Wisconsin
Amerigo in Oconomowoc

Hi, Pam. Just a note to let you know of another Amerigo in southeastern
Wisconsin. I live in mine full time in the nice weather. I bought the unit in Saukville and have been working on the insides. Added a window air conditioner in the front wall next to the window.
Have you done any work on your Amerigo?
Old 08-02-2015, 03:54 PM   #19

Indiana
i would like to see pics
Old 08-11-2015, 12:18 PM   #20

Name: Pam
Trailer: Amerigo F16
Wisconsin
Progress on Amerigo renno

Hi All,

My progress on the rehab has been stalled by some family obligations and the ministry of finance has also required some austerity measures (!). I have had most of the work done by others related to not being able to fit it into my garage. So far this is what has been done:
1. Inside critter mess was cleared out and inside disinfected. Most of inside has been gutted down to fiberglass.
2. Outside was powerwashed and scrubbed
3. Floor had been replaced but not really a good job (and it was soaked in critter excrement) so most of it has been removed. The floor in front half has yet to be removed-there is a thin fiberglass skin (original? don't think so) over a very rotted wood underlayment.
4. Hubs on axles removed and are being replaced with new standard hubs, getting new tires with standard rims. Unit will have new tires and rims.
5. The axle and trailer frame underneath was found to be in good shape. There is evidence the trailer frame was welded/repaired sometime in the past.

I am debating if I should continue or sell it to someone handier. I have $1500 "invested" in it so far. It will need fiberglass repairs of various access holes, at least 3 new windows, wiring, power configuration, outside paint and (oh yeah) an entire inside rebuild. I didn't realize how HUGE it would be. An interior of 13x7 seemed "smallish" in theory, but in reality - oy! If I can keep the rest of the rebuild around 2K, it would still be less than other comparable FBRV models I've seen that still need some repairs. And I know mine would be clean from mold and rot inside. It wouldn't need to be fancy to start, just the basics.

I will have the hubs and tires with rims for sale for anyone who might be interested. The tires are not that good but could function as a spare, they are 14 in in sizes 205 and 215, probably just good for the rims which (I discovered) are extremely difficult to find. The trailer service rep recommended I ask $85 each for the hubs and $50 each for the rims. This is open to negotiation. The brakes have been removed were not repairable. In any case these are standard and not as rare as the hubs and rims. In Wisconsin brakes are not required for units under 3000 lbs. Do others find the brakes are necessary or more an optional help?

Pam, overwhelmed and in search of a garage!
Attached Thumbnails
outer 1.jpg   outer 2.jpg  

outer 4.jpg   inner 1.jpg  

inner 2.jpg   inner 3.jpg  

rim 1.jpg  
Old 08-11-2015, 01:03 PM   #21

Indiana
clean up

looking good keep up the good work
Old 11-18-2015, 06:39 PM   #22

Name: Kathleen
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Washington
Registry
Does anyone have an idea how many of the FG-16s were built?

Tags
amerigo