new - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
new

Hi, my name is Carl and i am going to buy a Used Scamp 16 before spring as soon as i decide on what i want. I have a vacation cabin in the mountains of PA for the last 20 years and am selling because i am tickling 70 and its getting old going up there to do work and come home and do more work. It is 3 1/2 hours up if traffic is good... Sooooo i like the outdoors and i think i want to see more places and with the 1 1/2% social security raise coming next year i don`t think i can spring for $150.00 a night hotel bills. Just kidding. I need room for my wife and my 90# Golden Retriever. I was thinking of 13` b/c my TV is a 2012 Rav4 V6 with tow pkg. and i wanted to stay light but think it will handle the 16 scamp.
Anyway i just wanted to say Hi. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:04 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Welcome Carl! You'll find lots of helpful people here who will be happy to assist you with your FGRV hunt.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
to the Forum Carl.
You will find loads and loads of info here.
And have a new resource for visiting, etc.
Carl
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Welcome. You will find lots of good info here. Glad to see someone from the Mid-Atlantic as well. Keep your eyes open for the rally that happens in the fall and you will be able to see many campers to give you an idea.
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #5

Trailer: 2003 13 ft Scamp
Welcome Carl, my wife and I have a 13' Scamp with bunks, a 100# Old English Sheepdog and pull with a 2010 Subaru Forester. We are very comfortable with this set up. Good luck with your decision.
russelld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 PM   #6

Name: Joan
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Hi, we own a 16 ft. Scamp and tow it with a 2012 RAV V6 and it does great, We travel with a 45# puppy and we have plenty of room in the scamp. Have a great time. We have owned our scamp since March and have had a wonderful time
JoniS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:27 AM   #7

Name: Darrell
Trailer: Scamp Deluxe 16ft
Alabama
Welcome
I think that a 16 Scamp is doable. . I'm full-timing in one, few years now and I'm wishing I started earlier. No wife or dog though. Less expenditures in maintaining and $ than a house. Plus you can see more places
Darrell in Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Welcome Carl, from a fellow Pennsylvanian. You should have no problem with either model Scamp, just need to find one here on the east coast. There is a wealth of info here on the forum on various help subjects.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Hello Carl, welcome to the forum. With a 13' you either get a bath or a front dinette. Choosing the bath means you will have to take down the bed when you want a dinette. With a 16' you can have a permanent bed, a bath, and a dinette. With a 13' you will get a little better gas mileage. The Deluxe Scamps (wood interior) have a bigger bed. Happy hunting. Raz

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3883140919.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	66618

We both know who owns the camper.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #10

Pennsylvania
Thanks every one for your welcome. I will definitely be in touch. I am thrilled to see that the doggies fit. Regards all, Carl
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 PM   #11

Pennsylvania
Ok i did it, almost a year looking. I placed an order for a new 16 Scamp due to pick up in Mn Sept 29. I will camp my way back to Pa. I considered almost every camper out there and ended up where i started. Lots of question going forward as my life turns towards a new interest as i am tickling 70. Carl
Old 07-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #12

Trailer: 1994 Scamp 16
Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pa View Post
Ok i did it, almost a year looking. I placed an order for a new 16 Scamp due to pick up in Mn Sept 29. I will camp my way back to Pa. I considered almost every camper out there and ended up where i started. Lots of question going forward as my life turns towards a new interest as i am tickling 70. Carl
Carl,
Welcome to the forum! Congratulations on you new Scamp! I hope you have some really great times camping!!!! Please send us some pictures of your travels?

Carl
Nut501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:18 PM   #13

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Nice! What did you get? Layout? Standard or Deluxe? Options?
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #14

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Congratulations, Carl. You sound like me. We've been eyeing eggs for over 5 years, and finally ordered a Scamp. We pick our's up on 4 Aug. We got the 13' model, but our 2 dogs only weigh < 30 lbs combined. I'd like to share a little advice given by member's on the forum. We plan to camp at Ruttgers Pine Mountain Camping Resort, only 2 miles from the Scamp Factory. It will give us a chance to test everything out and make sure we know how it all works while still near Scamp. In fact we're going to rent a cabin there the day we arrive.

Hoping you'll have as much fun as we plan to. Here's a link:

Minnesota Resorts, Ruttger's Pine Mountain Resort, RV, Pine Mountain Lake, Backus, MN, seasonal campsites, swimming pool- full hookup

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:14 PM   #15

Pennsylvania
Thanks for tips,Let me know how every thing works out for you. I can`t believe it, i finally can book a hotel out and CG out there for a few days and on the way back, not the way i came though, something different.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:38 PM   #16

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Welcome to the family Carl. You will be happy with the 16. Congrats