New and BF Hunting - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2015, 01:51 PM   #1

Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
New and BF Hunting

Hi, everyone.

New member today and first post. We live in the Sacramento area. We are in the hunt for a 21RB Big Foot TT, new or used. Replacing our old 1980 25'class C motorhome by next spring/ summer. Ordered a F150 last week for our tow vehicle. Been watching the used ones (BFs) come and go the last month. Made an offer on a new one last week here in California, but lowballed too much. Heading up to Portland this coming weekend and will talk to dealer up there and maybe track down some BF owners.

We think we want a 21'. Started out thinking 25 but then decided on 21. Either case we do want RB. However, have noticed several situations where 21' owners sell because they decided to upgrade to the 25. Just curious as to what led to those decisions. Just two of us, retired, plan to do cross country multiple week trips over the next 10-15 years.

Looking forward to feedback and visiting with all of you.
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:09 PM   #2
OKE

Name: JOE
Trailer: BIGFOOT 25RQ
Oklahoma
Registry
BIGFOOT

Hello and welcome to the FG trailer community. My previous trailer was a 17.5 ft bigfoot so can't compare it to a 21 ft but I can say there was very little difference towing the 17.5 vs the 25 ft bigfoot with a 2011 tundra 5.7 v8. When boon docking on trips up to 2 weeks we really like the extra storage and large fresh and waste water tanks. We would not want to return to a smaller RV, but might consider a 21ft escape. Good luck in your search.
OKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Hmmmmm All of Canada is now 20%+ off CDN$ for U.S. dollars. If you are willing to go as far as Portlandia, Canadian dealers and sellers aren't that much further.

But, read up on importing trailers from Canada. Newer BigFoots, from the current company (about >2009?), and those older than 25 y.o. are easy to bring in. Those in the mid range may have some issues at the border.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #4

Name: Jeanie
Trailer: Cloud
Minnesota
Hi, I'm Jeanie from Minnesota. Does anyone out there have a Cloud? I like this forum but my cloud is tiny.but I am single and small and going to haul it with a 1940 Ford Sedan......definitely gonna be one of a kind, huh?
Jeaniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 01:06 PM   #5

Trailer: Former 1978 Trillium 4500 owner (now 2010 R-pod)
on the internet BF usually stands for boyfriend or best friend, lol. Nothing wrong if you're looking for that too.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #6

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniet View Post
Hi, I'm Jeanie from Minnesota. Does anyone out there have a Cloud? I like this forum but my cloud is tiny.but I am single and small and going to haul it with a 1940 Ford Sedan......definitely gonna be one of a kind, huh?
Jeaniet... As it will get lost inside this thread, you might want to start a new thread titled something like "Cloud Owners Wanted".

Click on Forums above, go to General Chat, and click on New Topic

The Cloud is about the same size and shape as most of the 13' FGRV's on this site and there are also a number of Cloud owners listed as well

FWIW: I've had a 1940 Ford coupe, and several 13' FGRV's, and I don't know if I would ever connect the 2 of them together without a lot of mods to the Fords brakes, chassis & suspension, and driveline.

There are also several forums out there the specialize in towing with vintage vehicles, one is called tincantourists.com (I think!)

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 05:24 PM   #7

Name: Jeanie
Trailer: Cloud
Minnesota
The forty has a 350 chev in it mustang two frontend and new style brakes so no problem
Jeaniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:58 PM   #8

California
Thanks, OKE. We will look into the Escape. I really like the 25' RQ especially the separate bedroom. I did notice the tanks are all larger on the 25'. Appreciate the response.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #9

California
Thanks, Bob. We have all winter and plan to follow up on your suggestion and watch the used Big Foots that are for sale in Canada. I had read on a thread on here or maybe somewhere else that bring in used ones from Canada was tricky, but if the newer ones are easier, we will put that back into the mix. Will stop by the dealer up in Portlandia this weekend. Buying a trailer up north would save a bunch of freight cost to California. Ewe would just pick it up north and go on to the Canadian Rockies or Glacier or wherever. Glacier and the Rockies are on our shortlist so that might be a plan. Thanks again for the input.
Old 07-14-2015, 08:07 PM   #10

California
LOL, Phil.
Okay, I am trying to find the instruction manual so I can edit the thread title. Did not think of that when I OP'd. Kind of like the last thing on my mind.