New Bigfoot owner from BC - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 06:20 PM   #1

Name: abcde
Trailer: noneofyourbusiness
British Columbia
New Bigfoot owner from BC

Hi: Ritchie here. Last year after looking at a bunch of compact trailers that felt as thought they would fall apart on the first big pothole in the road, we bought a used 2008 Bigfoot 25B175G (Anniversary Edition). We live about 15km from the plant!

We're delighted with it. Our first trailer. We did a trial 2 night camp in a local provincial park and then headed off late last August for a trip that took us east in BC, south into Glacier NP in MT, through Great Falls to Yellowstone NP, across Wyoming with mutiple stops, into the Black Hills of SD, up to ND and back into SK and then home across the southern route of Alberta. We took 6 weeks on the trip.

We're enthusiastic hikers, downhill skiers, DIYers, home renovators, photographers and so on. I also love cycling.

The tow vehicle is a 2012 F150 XLT with the base 3.7L V6. We've found the power fine except on the steepest hills across the continental divide but we are still faster than the heaviest semis uphill! The truck (Thomas - the little engine that could) got Bilstein B6 shocks, which have made a huge positive difference to the soft stock suspension. We use a load distributing hitch with anti-sway features that makes the unit rock solid to tow - even when you're doing 70 mph and meet a semi doing 70 mph the other way.

Stay tuned for our posts - doing a bunch of upgrades this year!
Old 03-26-2017, 06:56 PM   #2

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Hi Ritchie. You can't go wrong with a Bigfoot. We have a 25RQ that we tow with a F-150 3.5 Ecobeast with no problems. Solid well built trailers for sure. We also replaced the stock rear shocks with Bilsteins and​ added some Sumo rubber spring enhancers. Again, congrats on your new 2008!
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #3

Name: Claire
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
British Columbia
Registry
Hi Ritchie and welcome
We did some of the same trip a couple of years ago with our Trillium.

If you are anywhere near the island we would love to see you in June (9 to 11)for our meet-up in Nanaimo, at Living Forest. We have a number of Bigfoot owners in the group.

Happy camping.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Name: Ken
Trailer: Bigfoot 24B175CB
Michigan
Ritchie,

I will soon be the owner of a 2008 Bigfoot 17.5 trailer also. I have 2 questions.

1. Mine has the option for the storage compartment in the front where the propane bottxles are. Can anyone recommend a weight distribution hitch? My tug is a 2008 Toyota Highlander SUV, 3.3L.

2. I found out the the bed sizes on the side bath model are as follows: Back bed (couch extended) 79" x 41". Front bed (dinette lowered) 74" x 50".

I am 6'2" wih a shorter bed partner (wife). We intend to leave the bed made all the time. I am concerned that the rear bed may be too narrow for a comfortable sleep. If we use the dinette table as our bed, has anyone found a after market table to use with the couch that is easy to use and that can be used as our dining table?

Thanks,
Ken
msu1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Welcome to the Bigfoot family! We bought a Silver Cloud last year and absolutely love it! Heading out this weekend to Cahokia Mounds.

CindyL
Old 03-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #6

Name: abcde
Trailer: noneofyourbusiness
British Columbia
Ken

1. We use an ezHitch from progressmfg.com of Provo, UT. We're very pleased with it as it has great anti-sway capability as well as weight distribution.

2. As to the bed arrangements I suggest you experiment first before considering mods that might impact the resale value of your trailer. Your call. We use both beds as neither really fit both of us comfortably and put away the bedding each morning ......
Old 03-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #7

Name: Gilles
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB, 2004
Quebec
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by msu1966 View Post
Ritchie,

I will soon be the owner of a 2008 Bigfoot 17.5 trailer also. I have 2 questions.

1. Mine has the option for the storage compartment in the front where the propane bottxles are. Can anyone recommend a weight distribution hitch? My tug is a 2008 Toyota Highlander SUV, 3.3L.

2. I found out the the bed sizes on the side bath model are as follows: Back bed (couch extended) 79" x 41". Front bed (dinette lowered) 74" x 50".

I am 6'2" wih a shorter bed partner (wife). We intend to leave the bed made all the time. I am concerned that the rear bed may be too narrow for a comfortable sleep. If we use the dinette table as our bed, has anyone found a after market table to use with the couch that is easy to use and that can be used as our dining table?

Thanks,
Ken

I do not see what model you have, Gaucho or Center Bath?
If it's Gaucho you could change as Yvon did.
Attached Thumbnails
Large bed.JPG  
Gilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #8

Name: Ken
Trailer: Bigfoot 24B175CB
Michigan
Mine has the center bath. The refrig prohibits the couch bed to be extended any further out than the couch is designed to provide which according to the factory is 41" wide.
msu1966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot