new boler & new to forum question? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Name: Breazy
Trailer: 1973 boler
Alberta
new boler & new to forum question?

With pride & excitement I am pleased to announce we are officially owners of 73’ boler. It was early March, just after a snowstorm hit the Calgary area, when we drove the boler home.
Our first experience with the lightweight factor was when we had difficulty parking the trailer with the deep snow. I looked over at my husband and asked if he wanted to try to back it up when he suggested that we pick it up and manually & move it.
Well, moments after we did just that, I think we both lost our breath laughing in amazement.
Since this March we have done multiple upgrades and alterations. We have even managed to already do our 1st trip out to Banff in April. I’m looking forward to sharing our experiences and learning about all of yours too!

First thing thou~ my question about this forum…. Last year I signed up for account on fiberglassRV. For some reason when I log back in, I can not make posts or see any pictures.
I looked threw my emails because I suspected that my account was not activated. I found no such email. So I did the next best thing, I opened a new account.
How can I delete my old restricted account & can I add the email that I had previously attached to the 1st account, to this account?
Thanks ahead of time!
Bee
Breazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Bee, welcome BACK to FiberglassRV. If you have an old account and want to merge both the new to old, contact the Help Desk here: Fiberglass RV - Contact Us

You'll notice there's a radio button for "I want to merge multiple accounts." You'll need to provide your old screen name, and I'm betting you'll be good to go with their help.

As I said, welcome back... we're glad you're here!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #3

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Welcome back, and congratulations.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #4

Alberta
Thank you for the link Donna. I hope that can fix the combo accounts.

I never did an official introduction last year. To be honest I was not sure what we were going to invest in yet. Both my husband and I have owned camper vans when we were younger… so we both knew the large benefits of an investment like this.
It has only been a few months but we are very happy with our little boler.
Even got a few thumbs up from pedestrians and other motorist when we did our 1st tour two weeks ago!
Old 05-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #5

It the avatar I'm seeing in your profile... I want to see MORE!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #6

Alberta
Soooo, what is the best method to post & share images on this forum?
Old 05-07-2013, 01:24 PM   #7

NE Oklahoma
What I do is create an album. Upload from my camera.
Then when you want to post to a post, you click the picture,
it enlarges, and below it is the B/B CODE. You highlight the
B/B CODE and paste it in your post. And presto, there it is.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #8

Alberta
well, I am proving to myself over and over not very good at navigating this site. I thought instead I could post the link to my flickr page.
Comments are welcome and appreciated

Flickr: Breeze_Pics' Photostream

the tags are: trailer vintage vintagetrailer vintagetrailers fiberglass bolertrailer 1973 Canada camper Boler
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breazy View Post
well, I am proving to myself over and over not very good at navigating this site. I thought instead I could post the link to my flickr page.
Comments are welcome and appreciated

Flickr: Breeze_Pics' Photostream

the tags are: trailer vintage vintagetrailer vintagetrailers fiberglass bolertrailer 1973 Canada camper Boler
Link works fine, nice look trailer! Thanks for letting us peek inside
Old 05-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #10

NE Oklahoma
Nice pics.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #11

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Welcome Breazy - your doing a great job on that little Boler.

Have fun with it this summer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #12

Alberta
Thank you for the compliments!
Our 1st priority was to make sure it was a safe and secure to tow.
I mentioned earlier in this thread we have both full timed and owned camper vans so it was pretty easy to create a ‘we need to update’ list. Plus its been 10 yrs since ‘we lived in a van down by the river’ so financially it was a little easier to accomplish.

I do have to mention one update we should have put more thought into.
On our 1st overnight it became painfully noticeable that we should have updated the bedding. I have a 2” wool pillow top that we’ve used in the past but this time around it did not help in the very least. I’m pretty sure I woke up every hour trying to find a way to get comfortable.
I should probably mention that we are in our thirties and reasonable shape and don’t suffer from any sleep irritations. However I am about 5’9 and my husband is 6’6. I know right ! The exact length of the bed is 6’6. We were well aware of this when we bought the boler. But that’s OK, it just means we are more likely to sleep on our side & snuggle .

This is where we are at now. Maybe there is a thread about tall people in little trailers? Maybe I should start one? I need to get creative this week. I have a few ideas drawn up but I would be grateful for any suggestions or ideas.
New foam, is an absolute...But how big can I go? What is the best fit a 6” or 8” foam. Also, has anyone ever put in a bed extension?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #13

Alberta
We just scored a beautiful 8’ memory foam mattress for our boler!
A good friend of mine traded a 10mth old queen size mattress with me so the only cost I had was the $25 to cut it to size. This should help with us sleeping on our side.

Now I am seriously contemplating a bed extension (so we can lie diagonally). I have some foam from the cut and I can add a 17 by 40 inch extension. What I need to figure out is how I am going to support it. The tabletop under the bed is a hand made & not so nice, soooo I have no issues putting screw holes into it.
I would really appreciate if anyone can share if they have seen this before or have the skill set to share of how to do this.
I have a trip in 3 wks and need to figure this out.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #14

Beazy, see if Floyd can help you. He has a "king version" in a 13' Scamp: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post381079
Old 05-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #15

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Breazy, welcome! What a nice trailer you have! You did a wonderful trade on the new door window...smart. I love the look of your upper shelves, when you have time, some of us might like to know how you made them, & how they are attached. Lots of good and informational folks here you will enjoy them and your adventures in the little camper!
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #16

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Breazy, welcome! What a nice trailer you have! You did a wonderful trade on the new door window...smart. I love the look of your upper shelves, when you have time, some of us might like to know how you made them, & how they are attached. Lots of good and informational folks here you will enjoy them and your adventures in the little camper!
D Davis, I really have to thank Trilium/Outback trailers in Calgary. We brought our trailer into them when we 1st bought the boler. I saw these shelves on another boler in the garage and they ordered them in for us. I believe we paid approx. $80 each.
I really do love these birch shelves. It is source of my inspiration to eventually change all the doors to the same birch look.
I do have plenty of carpenters and woodworkers in my family so I would image these to be an easy creation. I will however make note to try and upload some images of how they attached it to the fiberglass. Basically it is a reinforced wood block glued to the fiberglass.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #17

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Beazy, see if Floyd can help you. He has a "king version" in a 13' Scamp: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post381079
Donna thank you for the link, that is exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

I was in a rush for the long weekend so I did manage to make something. I went to the hardware store and bought a ¼" wood & 1x2 for the legs. They cut everything to size so when I came home all I had to do was drill the pieces together (the cost was $25).
The wood basically slides under the bed when we are not using it (the bed is permanently set up). I set the legs so the 2” was running parallel to the bed. This way it really did not get in the way during the day. I also lucked out because I saved all the memory foam cut from the mattress we got last week. The memory foam is 19” by 38’??? so I made two. This way when the foam can double as a backrest during the day.

This was just a quick solution for this camping season.
I do want to find a more permanent & cleaner looking extension. Something that does not change the original look of the boler but can still accommodate the extension. I am about to go on a trip so I am also making note, that I should take pictures of my crafty bed extension.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #18

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breazy View Post
With pride & excitement I am pleased to announce we are officially owners of 73’ boler. It was early March, just after a snowstorm hit the Calgary area, when we drove the boler home.
Our first experience with the lightweight factor was when we had difficulty parking the trailer with the deep snow. I looked over at my husband and asked if he wanted to try to back it up when he suggested that we pick it up and manually & move it.
Well, moments after we did just that, I think we both lost our breath laughing in amazement.
Since this March we have done multiple upgrades and alterations. We have even managed to already do our 1st trip out to Banff in April. I’m looking forward to sharing our experiences and learning about all of yours too!

Thanks ahead of time!
Bee
That is why we love our bolers when we brought ours home; was able to unhook the propane tanks and pickup the tongue and wheel the trailer into the back yard Carole told me which way to turn (no wheel on tongue had to hold it up) was a great experience. Hope you are having a lot of fun with your boler.

Tags
boler