New boler(s) in town ... so much to learn - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #1

Name: Amy
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Alberta
New boler(s) in town ... so much to learn

Hi all, my husband and I just picked up 2 bolers in Rocky Mountain House (Alberta). Our plan is to renovate them and then sell one. We didn't really set out to buy 2 but the guy selling them gave us a deal on both so here we are.

Both trailers have been somewhat neglected and the more we explore the more work we find needs done. We have gutted one and are about to pop the egg off in the next few days to get some framework done. This is all new to us (we have always been tenters!) so we will be looking lots to the forums here for help. For now any words of wisdom about frame/axle modifications would be very welcome, eg, should we make any changes to them or just reinforce what's already there?

Thanks in advance for all your help and look forward to discussing things on the forums with you!
Amy and Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Welcome....I'm sure there are plenty of very knowledgable people here that would be more than happy to share their wisdom!
Have fun with your "Twins"!
Cheers,
Emily
Emily R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Sounds like you are jumping in with both feet!
Lots of people here have changed Boler axles and worked on the frame so i am sure they will be along with advice.
We need some pictures for sure.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Amy and Ty, welcome to FiberglassRV. You're going to make a lot of people jealous... the members that are frantically looking to buy ONE trailer.

Pictures? We love pictures I'm betting folks that have done just what you're asking about will pop in shortly.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #5

Name: Amy
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Alberta
pics of the twins

Yes, our twins - I love that! Fraternal twins two years apart (I believe we've got a 74 and 76 model). I tried to post pics earlier from my phone but couldn't figure out how, so here are a few to start with ...

You can see both parked on our parking pad (not lots of room to work), the before/after cleaning shot from the blue one and the inside of the black and white one. All the bolts to the frame are out in the blue one, just need some jack stands and away we go... hopefully!
Attached Thumbnails
bluey.jpg   b&w back.jpg  

photo 1.JPG   photo 2.JPG  

Amy and Ty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler