New burro owner from NJ :) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #15
Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
Are all the "wide bodies" Escondido?
Short answer don't know but from the vacuous precincts of the ancient and rickety cortex I receive a faint suggestion that Sac City introduced the "wide body" Burro. May be only the fiftieth iteration of "he said she said." I think this may be addressed in archive this site in thread dealing with findings of gentleman who was/is engaged in developing a documentary on Burro trailers. There might also be something in the Yahoo interest group threads.

Burro Trailer LLC., Escondido CA produced wide body 14 and 17 footers. One of the best features of the later Burro imo. The 92" exterior width allows a rear convertible bed of 84" length (transverse to trailer axis) and standard width of 56".

rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #16
Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot
Welcome to the land of Burros! The door on my '82 Burro damaged when I got the 13 foot burro, but it was fixable. With help from an awesome neighbor, I repaired the door and hinge sections. If you have the door, you can fix it.

Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Name: Den
Trailer: Burro Wide Body 17
There are indeed Iowa Wide Bodies, the older ones are. Mine is, an '85, 17 WB and it has the curved door, not in too bad of shape. Somebody caught it before it got bad and did something to it. It is a little rickety and the hinges are rusty, but the latch holds and the edges are water-tight when it rains. However, I did feel a draft at the bottom, so I think some new weatherstripping may be in order.

kcburro is offline   Reply With Quote