New Casita owner in Pensacola - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #1

Name: Ed
Trailer: 2007 Casita Spirit Delux 16'
Florida
New Casita owner in Pensacola

We just got a 16' Casita Spirit Delux. We are in Pensacola and plan to use it in the local sites like Fort Pickens abd Big Lagoon State Park. Take the fishing rods and see if I can catch dinner.
Ed in Pensacola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:35 AM   #2

Trailer: Aliner
Congratulations, Ed! I am so happy for you! Looking forward to hearing of your Casita adventures and seeing photos!

Friday my brother-in-law brought dozens of fish over that he had caught in Lake Minneola and the surrounding lakes (near Orlando). Hope you do as well catching your dinners!

Still dreaming of my egg, but it sure does delight me to see when others get theirs!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We'll be looking for you. If things go right, we plan to be at Grayton Beach State Park this weekend - we've never been there, but hear it's nice. The weather should be good if the predictions hold true.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
If you hit the road and head this way (to Tampa Bay), be sure to pm.
Congratulations, and happy travels.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 2008
The US naval base has been on my 'to do' er "bucket list" now ... since the early 70's. Always ended up going elsewhere in Florida. "Will get her done" in the next few years after the wife retires.

have a great holiday season ... bill
scouterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #6

Florida
If and when you come down, plan it in November. The last Blue Angel airshow is then. You can go to the show with 80,000 other persons or stay at Fort Pickens and watch the show from across the bay. If you have never been to one of their shows I would go out to the base. Go early and then plan to see the air muesum after the show and let the crowds go away. There is also Big Lagoon State Park which is also easy access to the show.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft 2008
Thanks for the info. I used to go to Florida in mid-November (BC) .. before children. Always seemed to get a hurricane coming or going ..vbg.. May head down between our turkey days (mid Oct - end Nov).
take care my friend and have a great new year .. bill
scouterbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 AM   #8

Florida
We are headed South next Thursday. We will stop at Manatee Springs for a night and then travel to Ruskin. Staying at the Sunlake CG. Then a couple of nights on Treasure Island in a motel for a meeting. Have two golf games already scheduled. Then we will spend a few nights Little Manatee River and then head North with no specific time schedule. Have a son living in Apollo Beach and get to see him for a few days.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 AM   #9

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Ed, welcome to FiberglassRV . If you're interested in camping with and meeting other molded fiberglass trailer owners, be sure to check out this link: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...2-a-44632.html They call it a "Scamp Camp" but the gathering is open to all brands.

Be sure to post some pictures when you can.

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:15 AM   #10

Name: TravelRN910
Trailer: 2017 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
California
Registry
Howdy from a neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Pensacola View Post
We just got a 16' Casita Spirit Delux. We are in Pensacola and plan to use it in the local sites like Fort Pickens abd Big Lagoon State Park. Take the fishing rods and see if I can catch dinner.
I live in Navarre but am hardly ever there. I travel a lot. Therefore, I bought a used 1994 16' Casita in great shape and started my improvements. I usually live in a hotel with room service or a company apartment but, now, I have decide to use my Casita for those purposes. I must admit, it is more fun than I thought that it would be. I have made a few improvements and plan a few more. The link below will give you an idea of what I have done so far.

I put my house in Navarre up for sale (since I am hardly ever there) and will be a "fulltimer" for now. If you want a really nice house, RV Pad, pond, stream, Gazebo, fenced yard with fruit trees and blueberries, let me know. It's surrounded by trees and a mile from Navare Beach Bridge.

For now, I love the RV life style.
Click on the link below:
Smilebox Playback
TravelRN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita