new forum member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 09:01 PM   #1

Name: cathy
Trailer: in the market
North Carolina
new forum member

I am a new member, as of today
we are very interested in the Lil Snoozy, if anyone has one, please let us know how you like it, advantages, disadvantages. I am especially concerned about the generator. How long it lasts, storing gas/where? etc thank you very much
cathybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 05:45 AM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
snoozy

We had a 2013 twin bed model with cassette toilet and almost all the options .We have a 2400 watt Yamaha that we never used . Living in the SE you will never need it plenty of hookups elec/water and since you have a cassette toilet you can use a regular toilet to flush .The trailer to me was one of the better built fiberglass trailers around. All fiberglass no wood floors to rot out and all cabinets were 3/8 or more with solid wood doors .If you want to boondock then I would probably go with a 12 volt truck fridge and solar . Good Luck in your quest .I didnt really answer your generator question you can expect 4-5 hours of running time (Yamaha 2400)Someone else can chime in with actual hour runs on Honda etc. Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:11 PM   #3

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
We have a Honda 2000 that we used when we lived aboard a boat. We have it mounted on a shelf over the propane tanks on our Casita. I don't remember how long it will run on the tank on the Honda but it will not riun our AC all night. I connected ours to a small ouetboard fuel tank and extended the run time to over three times the origional run time. Honda sells the option for connecting the fuel tank but all you need is the fuel cap Honda sells, a piece of fuel line tubing and an outboard tank. These units are very durable and will provide many runtime hours. We cannot run AC and microwave at the same time but with the window unit in the Lil Snoozy you can probably run both at the same time. It may run youre AC all night without a tank added. Many boat owners have these and only failures I've seen were bad fuel and owner abuse.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #4

Name: cathy
Trailer: in the market
North Carolina
thank you for your reply on Lil Snoozy

my husband doesn't want an RV, but I really do.
thought the Lil Snoozy would be the easiest for us to use as 1st timers. know they are pricey, but hope due to it's ease of use and good resale value that it would be a good choice.
if anyone has any more ideas about this RV or what would be beneficial for us, I would love to know about it. thx soo much
cathybr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 03:31 PM   #5

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
For your first RV, buy used, keep the cost down and see how it goes. If your husband doesn't want an RV, buying one probably will not change his mind. With a tow vehicle and a new RV thats lots of money tied up to try to get back if things don't work out.
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 04:00 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
I think the Snoozy is all electric, unless you add propane, so you'll be stuck in RV resort parking lots with full hookups.
I'd get your hubby a Mustang convertible, get a hotel room and make hubby happy.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #7

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathybr View Post
I am a new member, as of today
we are very interested in the Lil Snoozy, if anyone has one, please let us know how you like it, advantages, disadvantages. I am especially concerned about the generator. How long it lasts, storing gas/where? etc thank you very much
My Honda 2000 will/does run my 9000btu roof air for 8 1/4 hrs on a full tank of gas. There is no soft start on the AC unit and the genny only runs at half throttle or less. It rides in the truck bed along with a 1 gal gas can. At night the genny goes in the truck cab behind the seats. We only boondock, run the genny twice a day for maybe 10-15 minutes. Leave with a full tank and can and have never had to go get more. Not everyone cares for them but as the saying goes "I never leave home without one" .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 05:19 PM   #8

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
I think the Snoozy is all electric, unless you add propane, so you'll be stuck in RV resort parking lots with full hookups.
I'd get your hubby a Mustang convertible, get a hotel room and make hubby happy. __________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht

Well...some county, state and federal campgrounds have electric hook-ups, too.

I agree; getting an RV (like a pet) if the other spouse doesn't want it is a recipe for a minor or major disaster. In movies or on TV sometimes it works out--in real life it can just be a constant thorn in your side.

I like the Mustang and the motels...keep hubby happy.

My mother insisted we get first a tent, then a trailer, so our family vacations for several years involved dad angry the whole time, simmering and sometimes boiling over. He wanted motels, not camping. She liked to play house in tiny spaces. I doubt it was worth it.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #9

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I'd get your hubby a Mustang convertible, get a hotel room and make hubby happy.

The Snoozy is all electric. Since we use campgrounds with hookups most of the time that is not a problem. We do sometimes boondock using a butane camp stove. If you can run the generator then all appliances will work including the AC. It is a bit of a myth that one has to have propane to camp without power. It would be good to have if you always camp off the grid.
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote