New from Michigan - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-12-2018, 10:39 AM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Steve, you should change your personal info about your trailer from shopping to Lil Snoozy. It’s nice to see more LS trailers on this site. We are from Michigan originally, and plan to do extensive travel there and attend all the fiberglass trailer rallies there in 2019, so maybe we’ll meet up sometime. Happy Trails
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:52 AM   #22

Name: Steve
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Michigan
Who says I'm not still shopping?

Hey Dave, thank you for the suggestion.
My stock answer to any question about how many of some guy thing that I own is, "just one too few!"
In this case, however, I'll make the recommended change.
We left Michigan for Utah a number of years ago. While we loved the mountains, the lakes were in our blood and we had to come home.
All the best.
elk_rapidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #23

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Welcome we tend to go around Rose City, West Side, or more locally around Pinkney for the short weekend jaunt. That is just long enough that the grass doesn't get mowed on the weekend.

Michigan FGRV rally at Algonac State Park in September, maybe we will see you there. :-)
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ble-78270.html
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #24

Name: Randy & Dot
Trailer: Casita (on order)
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk_rapidian View Post
We have made lots of modifications like lifting the frame 3", adding spare tire and gas can carriers, installing an inverter to run the fridge, an extra battery and selector switch, and additional cabinets. Also installed a locking device on the tongue for the Honda generator.
So, if you have any questions on things, glad to help where I can.
Hi Steve, I do have one quick question. How many inches between the top of the rear door and the top of the shell. I am looking at a Furrion Rear camera and the mounting bracket needs at least 2.75 inches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Welcome we tend to go around Rose City, West Side, or more locally around Pinkney for the short weekend jaunt. That is just long enough that the grass doesn't get mowed on the weekend.

Michigan FGRV rally at Algonac State Park in September, maybe we will see you there. :-)
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ble-78270.html
I did my first camping at Crooked Lake in the Pinckney Rec Area. Learned to swim there as a teenager. Lots of good memories there!
Randy
Vintage Vagabonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:16 AM   #25

Michigan
Camera

I checked when out this morning snow blowing a foot or so of new, heavy snow and did some measuring. I don't think you will have that much room.
It's about 1-1/2" from the bottom of the top door frame to the bottom of the track for the sun shade.
Even if you don't have the shade, there is still less than 2- 3/4" of flat.
I have been looking at a camera called the iBall Digital Pro. It is portable, so can be used as a back up camera on your rig or on your tow vehicle for hitching up.
It attaches magnetically, so there is still a mounting issue.
Anyone have experience with this product?
Ah, April in No. Michigan!
Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #26

Name: Jan & Bob
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Vagabonds View Post
We are just south of Ann Arbor...

Randy
Small world; Jan and I both grew up in Saline, though we live in Traverse City now. Elk Rapidian, you're right about 'Ahh, April in No. Michigan'. I just got in from blowing out the driveway. That's some heavy stuff, eh? I'm ready to sit down and enjoy one of Short's finest.

Hard to believe that we already camped for a week this spring, down on the kid's farm between Dexter and Pinckney. Weather was much nicer there in March.

Hope to see some of you at the Algonac rally.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6126[1].jpg  
JB Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:35 AM   #27

Michigan
Quote:
I checked when out this morning snow blowing a foot or so of new, heavy snow and did some measuring. I don't think you will have that much room.
It's about 1-1/2" from the bottom of the top door frame to the bottom of the track for the sun shade.
Even if you don't have the shade, there is still less than 2- 3/4" of flat.
I have been looking at a camera called the iBall Digital Pro. It is portable, so can be used as a back up camera on your rig or on your tow vehicle for hitching up.
It attaches magnetically, so there is still a mounting issue.
Anyone have experience with this product?
Ah, April in No. Michigan!
That is what I was worried about. Looking at the best pictures I could find, there didn't seem to be much vertical flat above the door. I am going to have to reconsider the mounting possibilities. I just looked at the camera you mentioned. Looks great for hitching and backing into a spot. I would like something to watch traffic behind me, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Mitt View Post
Small world; Jan and I both grew up in Saline, though we live in Traverse City now. Elk Rapidian, you're right about 'Ahh, April in No. Michigan'. I just got in from blowing out the driveway. That's some heavy stuff, eh? I'm ready to sit down and enjoy one of Short's finest.

Hard to believe that we already camped for a week this spring, down on the kid's farm between Dexter and Pinckney. Weather was much nicer there in March.

Hope to see some of you at the Algonac rally.
We have been in Saline for 40 years. Dot, even longer (a graduate). You guys had the snow, but we got the ice storm. Power was only out 12 hours, for us. I guess we were lucky. Lots of places still down.

Randy
Old 04-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #28

MI
Quote:
...We have been in Saline for 40 years. Dot, even longer (a graduate). You guys had the snow, but we got the ice storm. Power was only out 12 hours, for us...

Randy
Sheesh, another good reason to have a generator.

Saline has changed a lot! We just had dinner with friends at Dan's Downtown last week. A million years ago, that was Harvey's Tavern AND Walker's Five & Dime.

We were SHS Class of '69 and '70. We bought our first house on North Ann Arbor Street in 1983, moved up here to TC in '89.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #29

Michigan
Quote:
Sheesh, another good reason to have a generator.

Saline has changed a lot! We just had dinner with friends at Dan's Downtown last week. A million years ago, that was Harvey's Tavern AND Walker's Five & Dime.

We were SHS Class of '69 and '70. We bought our first house on North Ann Arbor Street in 1983, moved up here to TC in '89.
Dot was a '74 grad. We lived on Lambkins during that time period, then built outside of town.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #30

Michigan
Watching traffic behind you.

I recall a movie, perhaps "The Great Race," wherein one driver, an Italian so I'm not being un PC here in my quote, ripped off his car's rear view mirror and said, "whatsa' behind me, notta my business."
A new mantra that could solve the problem for you?
Slowly going snow crazy in the ER.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 AM   #31

MI
Quote:
We lived on Lambkins during that time period...
Hey, neighbor. We were second house north of Harper Drive.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:02 PM   #32

Michigan
Quote:
Hey, neighbor. We were second house north of Harper Drive.
Our backyards nearly touched. We were third house north of Harper. So you had the Lindemores and the fireman(can't recall their name) to either side, with the White's behind you.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #33

Michigan
Quote:
"whatsa' behind me, notta my business."
A new mantra that could solve the problem for you?
LOL, sounds like a plan.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #34

MI
Quote:
Our backyards nearly touched. We were third house north of Harper. So you had the Lindemores and the fireman(can't recall their name) to either side, with the White's behind you.
This is hilarious! Jim and Diane Hill. Yep, we'd all hear Fireman Jim open his garage door, get in his truck and head for a fire call at 3:00 am, haha.

Our girls played with Stephie and Jenny Lindemore, though they were a little older than our girls. Were you next door to the Whites? Were those your lovely purple lilacs?

My apologies to everyone else; this doesn't have much to do with FGRV's...
Old 04-16-2018, 01:26 PM   #35

Michigan
Quote:
This is hilarious! Jim and Diane Hill. Yep, we'd all hear Fireman Jim open his garage door, get in his truck and head for a fire call at 3:00 am, haha.

Our girls played with Stephie and Jenny Lindemore, though they were a little older than our girls. Were you next door to the Whites? Were those your lovely purple lilacs?

My apologies to everyone else; this doesn't have much to do with FGRV's...
Ah yes, The Hill's. Yes, we were right next to the White's and Dot does love lilacs. Our kids played with the Lindemore girls, also(about the same age).
Old 04-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #36

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
It's fine, we're all neighbors of a sort on this forum.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote