New from N.Cal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Shopping
California
New from N.Cal

Just started looking and figured I better join up.
I have lots of questions and the plan is to purchase
our trailer sometime this winter.
We have big hopes two tiny dogs and a small truck.
Jeffrey C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Welcome Jeffery! Big hopes are good! Good luck on your search for your perfect glass!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:35 AM   #3

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Hi Jeff! Good luck in your search for a trailer perfect for you.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I somehow missed this post. Welcome to FiberglassRV Jeff BTW: there's a gathering of eggs that meet in September in Nothern California. That's a great time to meet with like-minded people and put faces to some of the names you'll see here.

Good luck on the egg hunt!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
Unfortunately that Northern Cal meet has been pretty northern. Like halfway between LA and Vancouver. I think we need to get something going in the SF Bay. Maybe Big Sur or something?

Regards,

Matt
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #6

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
Unfortunately that Northern Cal meet has been pretty northern. Like halfway between LA and Vancouver. I think we need to get something going in the SF Bay. Maybe Big Sur or something?

Regards,
Matt
The Burney Falls meet was in Nor Cal in Sept.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-40987.html
Old 01-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
The Burney Falls meet was in Nor Cal in Sept.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...0-a-40987.html
Yes, that's the one I meant. Burney's 600 miles from LA, 700 miles on from Burney on to Vancouver, BC. But I don't think we saw any Canadiens last year.

Regards,

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
burney omg.png  
Old 01-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post

Regards,

Matt
So start one. It's not hard. Pick a place and a date and let folks know the charges for camping. You don't have to organize anything. Truly. I'm the queen of Not Organized Gathering(s).
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #9

Trailer: 1993 Scamp 13 ft
Registry
Hi,

We have a northern CA (San Francisco bay area) campout planned for next weekend:
Dillon Beach Camping - Free-Range Egg Campers (Redwood City, CA) - Meetup

Come join us! No reservations needed this time of year...
Wilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Hey Matt,

Dillon Beach isn't any closer for the Canadians. Takes me 3 1/2 hours to Dillon, so what if it's in Mid. Nor Cal. Depends on your subjectivity.

It's a matter of attending the gatherings you choose. I happen to attend more of the Oregon ones than any other. The closest being 9/10 hour drive. Have Scamp will travel.

As far as Jeffery, he's on my side of the Bay. Don't take offense I'm just babbling.

So Jeffery, I was going to suggest you wander over to the Quartzsite gathering in 3 weeks to see all the various fiberglass trailers in attendence. I re-read your post and realized that you are not in El Centro but rather El Cerrito.

There's lots of us little trailers within a 100 miles of you and we have had gatherings in the last number of years, at most we only had a half dozen in attendence. The Burney Falls gathering was the largest I've seen to date. That would be Northern California gatherings.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 AM   #11

California
Thanks, I will do my best to get out to Dillon beach. I only have Sat. off this week.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:30 AM   #12

Registry
Jeffrey, good luck with your trailer search. It took my wife and I almost 2 years to find our used 1993 Scamp. What helped was using crazedlist.org : search craigslist like a madman, where you can search multiple craigslist locations at once. I was searching within 300 miles of the bay area, almost daily. We finally found one for sale in Visalia, were quick to respond to the ad, and picked it up the next week Another site is SearchTempest - The EASY way to search Craigslist which does mostly the same, but is more commercial and searches eBay as well.

Good luck and if you want to check out our Scamp this weekend, stop by Dillon Beach.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #13

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Jeff, what kind of dogs do you have? We have 2 pugs, and they are one of the reasons we got the camper---so we could take them with us!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #14

California
We have a Toy Fox Terrier and a rescue Mutt that is almost the same size, 10lb & 14lb.
BTW can anyone post a link of the actual campsite/resort ? Dillion Beach and Lawson
Landing are two different spots. I haven't been to either in a few years so my memory of the area is hazy.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:55 PM   #15

Registry
Jeff, there's some info up on the Rally Calendar. This is the link for the campground

CAMPING | Lawson's Landing The homepage on that map has driving directions but I didn't see a detail map:

LOCATION | Lawson's Landing

I haven't been there but hope to see you there this weekend.\

EDITx2 - I zoomed in on the Google map on the website and found the Satellite photo is pretty good. Looks like you can see some folks camped just south of the Lawson's Landing tag on the grass and a bunch more RVs up north at the Dillon Beach Resort. I called the Lawson Landing number and they confirmed that we do park along Marine View Drive on the grassy area there. Looks like a great spot!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
lawsons landing.jpg  
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #16

Registry
Jeffery, Dillon Beach is the town (and the beach). The campground there is Lawson's Landing. HOME | Lawson's Landing

It is a great spot - we've camped there before. You camp on the grass, with many sites backed up right against the dunes. On the other side of the dunes is an enormous very deserted beach. Cows roam freely through the campground too

Here's a link to the satellite view. You can see campers and if you zoom in and look carefully you can even see some cows!
http://goo.gl/maps/f6Rn