New from WI...Hi! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #21

Name: Tyler
Trailer: 72 Cloud
Wisconsin
Registry
Me too, me too.....I also am a Wisconsinite and pull my Cloud with a Jeep. I get passed a lot as well, especially on the interstates where I keep my speed a steady 60 no matter what. I had to push her a little in the Blackhills when we visited last June but other then that it tows wonderfully.

Love your Scamp hope you are enjoying it and welcome to the group.
EddyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:33 AM   #22

Name: Tonia
Trailer: Scamp 13' (1982)
Wisconsin
A Jeep-fiberRV rally in WI??? That sounds like a good time.

Thanks for the welcome. I've gotten so many great ideas from the group. Now to find the time and resources to do something about it.....oh, and the know-how :-)
Tonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #23

Wisconsin
Registry
I would be all for that. Jeep/Egg gathering sounds like a very exclusive group. Lol.

When you get to the solar panel part of your upgrades feel free to get ahold of me, I just went through that this past spring. I am loving the freedom I has given me.

T
Old 11-24-2012, 10:55 AM   #24

Wisconsin
I would think the rally wouldnt need to be exclusive....more like "themed"

Thanks Tyler. I may do Just that. I mostly camp where electricity isn't available ...I like the privacy and rustic-ness so I'm anxious for next season.

Saw your winter set up. Looks cold My season ended in October. Wish I were drawn to the winter thing since there's so much of it here
Old 11-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #25

Wisconsin
Registry
I prefer warmer weather camping but I love it so much I hate putting my "Escape Pod" away every winter. This will probably be my last outing before I put her in shop and start my winter projects to get her ready for next spring. On my list is adding and a\c unit, removing the original furnace which doesn't work very well, converting the electric heater (yes she has both) to be able to run off the 12v system, and a few cosmetic touch ups. Have to have everything done by June as I am taking the kids East to see Washington, D.C. and hopefully put our feet in the Atlantic somewhere.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #26

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
Tonia, I really like your Scamp! So colorful! Isn't it fun seeing just how little you really need to have fun camping when you have a 13 footer? I am given no choice but to be organized and simplified, or I will drive myself crazy. And yes, it is like the play house I never had as a child.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:31 PM   #27

Wisconsin
Hmmmm? If I had a shop I might just camp in it a few times in the winter to prevent withdrawals :-). I have a pinterest board with some things I'd like to do cosmetically: replace carpeting with this funky bright orange tiles (made for garages, replace table with lighter weight plywood table painted a fun color, new knobs for the cabinets, "tin" backsplash, . Thinking about removing the top bunk. Or maybe I'll put them all off and camp every weekend. Heehee
Old 11-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #28

Wisconsin
Thanks Susie. It's mostly how it came but I had to add a little orange to brighten up the retroness :-). Yours is beautiful! Someday I may graduate to one a little newer considering how much I'm liking this so far. Then I can decorate again too :-)
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #29

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Hi Tonia, and welcome! Many people have made their campers shiny with a product called Red Max (similar to poliglow but less expensive) Here's a link to one of the discussions
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ell-43004.html
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote