New guy in Seattle area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #1

Name: Chester
Trailer: Bigfoot
Washington
New guy in Seattle area

Howdy, my name is Chet. I've been lurking around the classifieds for a little less than a year hoping to snag previously owned FGRV. I am happy to say that we finally pulled the trigger on a Bigfoot. So, I guess we're in.
chetandren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:19 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Congratulations Chet, and wishing you many happy Trails & memories ahead.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #3

Trailer: 13 ft Compact II
Registry
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetandren View Post
Howdy, my name is Chet. I've been lurking around the classifieds for a little less than a year hoping to snag previously owned FGRV. I am happy to say that we finally pulled the trigger on a Bigfoot. So, I guess we're in.
Welcome, Chet. Glad you were able to find a Bigfoot. What are the specs on it- year, features, condition? Perhaps you could post some interior and exterior photos. What are your plans for modifications, if any?

Good wishes,
Fran
francene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:21 AM   #4

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Congratulations.....pictures.....details. Was it the 2007 21' FB in Port Townsend? You may want to check out the Bigfoot owners website. Lots of good information there as well as in the archives.

www.bigfootowners.com
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:26 AM   #5

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Chet,

Welcome and congratulations!

I agree with Fran and Dan, let's hear more about your BF and see some pics!

Take care,

Dean
Old 01-07-2017, 12:09 PM   #6

Washington
Besides being the new guy on this forum, we are also travel trailer rookies. This is our first trailer. Our excellent condition Bigfoot is a 21 with a front bed. Presently I have no mods in mind other than adding a scratch post for the cat. Any advise for traveling with a cat or recommendations on the trailer would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Chet and Ren
Old 01-07-2017, 12:22 PM   #7

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacenturion View Post
Congratulations.....pictures.....details. Was it the 2007 21' FB in Port Townsend?
Yes sir, I believe it is that trailer
Old 01-07-2017, 12:37 PM   #8

Kentucky
Registry
Hi Chet,

That is a great floorplan in the BF 21. Laura and I prefer that floorplan to the rear corner bed set up in the other 21' unit. Plus, 4 season capability. Dry bath. Outstanding.

Laura and I just finished our first season of camping with our new to us Casita that included 38 nights of camping. You will learn a great deal and have fun and adventure doing it your first year.

Happy travels,

Dean
Old 01-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #9

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetandren View Post
Yes sir, I believe it is that trailer
That's a really nice trailer. In excellenty shape and well cared for. I was in the market and talking to him back last summer, but the owner wanted to find a 25' Bigfoot before he sold. I subsequently found a nice 2008 25' in California I purchased in October.

As I mentioned above, check out the Bigfoot owners site and even consider becoming a member ($20 annually). A guest membership is free for a specified amount of time to check things out. Lots of good information there on everything Bigfoot. Check out the trailer section in the current forum as well as the achieves.

Oh, and if interested, the annual Bigfoot get together is in mid September in Couer d Alene at a really beautiful RV location. The information is also on the site. Trailers, campers, motor homes and lots of great people with help and information.

(I also have some pictures in my album of your trailer from last summer if you would like me to post some up for you)
Old 01-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #10

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Chet,

That is a great floorplan in the BF 21. Laura and I prefer that floorplan to the rear corner bed set up in the other 21' unit. Plus, 4 season capability. Dry bath. Outstanding.

Laura and I just finished our first season of camping with our new to us Casita that included 38 nights of camping. You will learn a great deal and have fun and adventure doing it your first year.

Happy travels,

Dean

I too like the FB floorplan, as it at least in my mind, more user friendly when you have additional people inside, as we usually have family around when camping. The front bed kind of substitutes as a backless couch. At least someone or even two can sit and be close to whats going on. The rear bed models tend to seperate. There are those times as we all know where you have to be inside.

Don't get me wrong, RB's are also nice, just personal preference.

We use a room divider to section off the front bed if we want and then use the front door to access the bedroom if desired. When not in use I simply bungie the folded divider to the door handle behind the panel where the green lamp in the picture below next to the front door.

I forgot to mention that usually there is a hanging drape type divider that one can pull across to seperate the bedroom from the rest of the trailer in the FB models. For some reason the one I purchased must have been ordered without that, thus thus the modification.....which we like.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF48.jpg   08BF54.jpg  

Old 01-07-2017, 01:59 PM   #11

Kentucky
Registry
Hi Dan,

Very nice! I like the divider for the bedroom. Laura often sleeps later than me and that would help.

How often do you use your front door vs in the rear door. The other. 25' BF only has the rear door. Thoughts?

Take care,

Dean
Old 01-07-2017, 02:22 PM   #12

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Dan,

Very nice! I like the divider for the bedroom. Laura often sleeps later than me and that would help.

How often do you use your front door vs in the rear door. The other. 25' BF only has the rear door. Thoughts?

Take care,

Dean

Although we have not had a chance to use the trailer much as yet with just purchasing it in October, the front door on our FB model would not be used all that much. If I were to order the same trailer I would probably opt to have just one door (at the rear) even with the extra length in the 25' model.

However with that being said we have a 4 year old granddaughter and another grandchild coming in June. The divider and front door will work well if we want to put one down for a nap and access the bedroom without removing the divider.

See photos below. First is our trailer, a 25' FB. Last picture is of a 25' FB with twin beds and no second door that I saved from somewhere. You can compare the different side views. I'm sure that was a special order on the TB model without the front door. That would be perfect in my opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
08BF28.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #13

Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacenturion View Post
Although we have not had a chance to use the trailer much as yet with just purchasing it in October, the front door on our FB model would not be used all that much. If I were to order the same trailer I would probably opt to have just one door (at the rear) even with the extra length in the 25' model.

However with that being said we have a 4 year old granddaughter and another grandchild coming in June. The divider and front door will work well if we want to put one down for a nap and access the bedroom without removing the divider.
Hey Dan,

Great utilization of the bedroom door with the grand children and the divider in place.

I am about 8.5 years from retirement and hoping for no grand children soon given our girls are 22 and 19 , but our retirement rig floorplan will take grandkids into consideration.

Take care,

Dean
Old 01-07-2017, 02:33 PM   #14

Washington
Dean, I just added to my post above after you replied.

Dan
Old 01-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #15

Kentucky
Registry
Dan,

25' BF FB with twins and a single door. Wow, very cool!

Dean