New member - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Shopping for new RV
North Carolina

Hi! New to this form. Returned to RV life after a 20+ year hiatus. Toured most of this great nation in the early 1980s when the kids were young. Returned this spring, bought a used RV and quickly learned I preferrred natural settings found in state park campgrounds over the commercial "Disneyland" type parks. Found one commercial park in Vermont that catered to "Adults Only" that we liked.
This past season we stayed close to home. Next season my wife and I will explore! I added a Champion 3100 watt inverter generator to our equipment to make the "no-hookup" state park campgrounds a little more comfortable for next springs adventures! We currently live on our 1700s farm property in upstate New York on the Vermont state line. A little bit of remote heaven we found after we retired.

Happy Camping��
Uplander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Welcome to FGRV. I think a good portion of us prefer the more rustic settings, like you.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:13 PM   #3

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
So much to see in the US and Canada and many have found wandering off the beaten path with a camper is one of the best ways to see it.

Welcome and happy travels.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:16 AM   #4

North Carolina
I couldn't agree more...natural settings sure beat those manufactured by so called "Resort Campgrounds".....nothing beats a rustic campground on a remote lake...but...beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!
Old 11-13-2014, 08:22 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
An R-Vision Trail Lite, you mean like this? 2012 R-Vision Onyx 25RB | Guaranty - Oregon RV Dealer, Sales, Service, Parts, Rentals

I think you can put most of our sized trailer inside and still have room left over
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:44 AM   #6

North Carolina
Donna D., My Travel Trailer looks smaller than that model...made in 2001 and only 7ft wide (reduces weight) and weighs about 1,000 lbs less than the one in the video. Mine also cost a lot less...$22,000 less ($5,000 vs. $27,000). The original owner sold it thru Craig's List. He had used it very little and it looked new when I found it this spring. The light weight and the low price sold it to my wife and I as we are retired and money is always an issue. It was bigger than what we started looking for but too good a deal to pass up...result: Happy Campers!!!
In about Feb. Of this year 2014... The parent company of R-Vision Travel Trailers decided to stop making Travel Trailers and focus on High-End Motor Homes.
Sad because they made an excellent light weight trailer with all the features.
Back in 1985 we owned a Sunline Travel Trailer, another good light weight trailer made in Amish country and they too went out of business back when gas prices went through the roof and the economy took a dive. We love the RV lifestyle but we are all impacted by the cost of fuel...gotta take the good with the bad...I hope the Keystone pipeline helps to keep fuel prices down when the new Republican leadership approves it.....more jobs...more fuel...lower prices!

Happy Camping.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #7

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
The price of fuel is dropping like a rock, Keystone or not. Here in Alberta it is projected to cost us 500 million a year in tax revenues, for the next four years. There are places that are selling regular gas for less then a dollar, (Canadian) a liter.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote